I thought by now:

They have: 319k of them..
In that 319,000, is the dude from Fullerton that was riding his motorcycle to work and got smashed by an oncoming car. His brain was left on Chapman Ave but he was taken to the hospital to be tested for Covid. Although brain dead, he was counted as a Covid Death for fake news and extra pay from liars. You sure have the nerve to pop your head in here blowing smoke up your ass after all these years. Carry on Mavs.

I'm curious Mavs, are you EOTL, Surf Futbol, Husker Du, Dad or espola? One post in 2023 and a few in 2022. Welcome back by the way. Maybe you had Long Covid the last 12 months?

Replying to @watfly 's post on masking and developmental delays.

:
The issue isn't their use, its the mandating of their use, particularly for children.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Impact of mask-wearing on child and adolescent psychosocial development: a systematic review

Wearing face masks in public is recommended under certain circumstances in order to prevent infectious diseases transmitted through droplets. The objective was to compile all German and English research results from peer-reviewed journal articles using ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

I have no clue how scientifically sound these studies are, but its a very valid concern and was an entirely predictable impact on mental health.

Replying to @watfly 's post on masking and developmental delays.

:
The issue isn't their use, its the mandating of their use, particularly for children.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Impact of mask-wearing on child and adolescent psychosocial development: a systematic review

Wearing face masks in public is recommended under certain circumstances in order to prevent infectious diseases transmitted through droplets. The objective was to compile all German and English research results from peer-reviewed journal articles using ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

I have no clue how scientifically sound these studies are, but its a very valid concern and was an entirely predictable impact on mental health.
1725926020540.png

@watfly

To me, closing schools and parks was the bigger mistake.

Some of this was an unwillingness to be honest about age and weight. A 50 year old overweight teacher waiting for retirement was absolutely at risk. A 25 year old teacher who runs half marathons was going to be just fine.

But we weren't willing to say so. It made more sense to close the schools for everyone, instead of just reopen them with young college grads as teachers.

It definitely makes me lose confidence in the public health system.

As to masks, the data still supports them. They keep your breath from moving directly into the airway of the person directly in front of you. If you're in a stuffy room, don't expect much. You're all breathing each other's air anyway. But if the room has reasonable ventilation, the masks are going to give your warm breath a chance to head to the ceiling before other people breathe it.

So, did masks make sense at the time they were mandated? In my view, yes.

But we needed to close the restaurants and bars instead of the schools and sports fields. And we definitely needed to keep the older and overweight teachers at home. I have no idea how we could have done so without the courts going apeshit.

@watfly

As to masks, the data still supports them. They keep your breath from moving directly into the airway of the person directly in front of you. If you're in a stuffy room, don't expect much. You're all breathing each other's air anyway. But if the room has reasonable ventilation, the masks are going to give your warm breath a chance to head to the ceiling before other people breathe it.

But we needed to close the restaurants and bars instead of the schools and sports fields. And we definitely needed to keep the older and overweight teachers at home. I have no idea how we could have done so without the courts going apeshit.
Hey liar, I thought you told me to, "let it go." Look pal, your full of shit and you know it. Nice try. Welcome back by the way. Where is your boy espola? I call what happen to small mom & pop restaurants and other small businesses, "financial terrorism" and you and your Elk will pay it all back and sum. All the good places to eat are closed and now all you got is Taco Bell. Jimmy's pot shop stayed open as did Fritz's strip joint because Elk like you need those places to stay open for your essential purposes. Insane! Stop addressing watty and address me next time.

@watfly

Some of this was an unwillingness to be honest about age and weight. A 50 year old overweight teacher waiting for retirement was absolutely at risk. A 25 year old teacher who runs half marathons was going to be just fine.

But we weren't willing to say so. It made more sense to close the schools for everyone, instead of just reopen them with young college grads as teachers.

Health policy has been damaged for years, maybe forever. Unfortunately, it wasn't based on science, but politics and power, particularly when it came to closing the schools in California. LA and SD teachers' unions leveraged the closings for their own political agenda. At least we now know that teachers are not "essential", I hope we remember this when the teachers' unions try to renegotiate their contract.

The idiots that said "follow to the science", wouldn't know what science is if it hit them in the head. They thought the opinion of so-called experts was science. It's this idiocy that led to the closure of outdoor spaces, because some lab jockey at Scripps wanted to be relevant.

Shame on you for thinking its OK to force children to wear masks.

Health policy has been damaged for years, maybe forever. Unfortunately, it wasn't based on science, but politics and power, particularly when it came to closing the schools in California. LA and SD teachers' unions leveraged the closings for their own political agenda. At least we now know that teachers are not "essential", I hope we remember this when the teachers' unions try to renegotiate their contract.

The idiots that said "follow to the science", wouldn't know what science is if it hit them in the head. They thought the opinion of so-called experts was science. It's this idiocy that led to the closure of outdoor spaces, because some lab jockey at Scripps wanted to be relevant.

Shame on you for thinking its OK to force children to wear masks.

“Shame on you”? “The idiots”? “So-called experts”?

Never mind. I thought from your post that a sensible discussion was possible. I was wrong.

“Shame on you”? “The idiots”? “So-called experts”?

Never mind. I thought from your post that a sensible discussion was possible. I was wrong.
Oh, I forgot selfish and criminal. I can't forgive, or forget, what these adults did to our kids. I'm not OK with being lied too, although, at the time I knew it was a lie. This is not some excusable mistake. Best case it was gross negligence, but in many cases it was intentional misconduct.

You can attempt to rationalize all you want, but the proof is in the pudding. Covid is still common and we're living with it just fine, even with nominal vaccination rates.

There was nothing "sensible" about our health policy, so you're right, a sensible conversation can't be had.

Oh, I forgot selfish and criminal. I can't forgive, or forget, what these adults did to our kids. I'm not OK with being lied too, although, at the time I knew it was a lie. This is not some excusable mistake. Best case it was gross negligence, but in many cases it was intentional misconduct.

You can attempt to rationalize all you want, but the proof is in the pudding. Covid is still common and we're living with it just fine, even with nominal vaccination rates.

There was nothing "sensible" about our health policy, so you're right, a sensible conversation can't be had.

@watfly

Dude.. the didn't close the restaurants. As long as they had outdoor dining because you can't get covid outdoors...........

Back