Hispanic Teams The Best

Keep pushing keys on the keyboard banger.

sorry hate to tell you I'm NOT YOU. My son loves what he does . Does great with or without me buddy. My son is doing his dreams and goals. I'm just a driver and love watching him play the game he loves.
Everyone can see you stroking your ego on your every post. You're not fooling anyone especially the ppl that have to put up with you on the daily basis.

He's a fine young man but you're destroying him. Take it easy, pal.

One of my kids recently joined a team that consist of kids that play in Santa Ana/Anaheim leagues but they now want to play club soccer.

These kids have amazing talent and a positive attitude. The kids are committed but the parents can't offer the sames resources (money, time, commitment) as some of the traditional club families. I am so glad that my child is now playing with kids that love the sport and work hard. The US Soccer organization really needs to get to these inner cities and organize tournaments to identify some great talent in these neighborhoods.

One of my kids recently joined a team that consist of kids that play in Santa Ana/Anaheim leagues but they now want to play club soccer.

These kids have amazing talent and a positive attitude. The kids are committed but the parents can't offer the sames resources (money, time, commitment) as some of the traditional club families. I am so glad that my child is now playing with kids that love the sport and work hard. The US Soccer organization really needs to get to these inner cities and organize tournaments to identify some great talent in these neighborhoods.
There are fully funded DA teams out there for those who are really good and really want to play.

No they don't.

There are fully funded DA teams out there for those who are really good and really want to play.
That's true but this doesn't resolve the transportation problems for these kids to get to practice or games.
Also they should change the academy rule about not allowing kids to play other sports in high school. That rule makes no sense to me.

That's true but this doesn't resolve the transportation problems for these kids to get to practice or games.
Also they should change the academy rule about not allowing kids to play other sports in high school. That rule makes no sense to me.

The reason DA is not allowing kids to play HS is because DA season is Sept-June and they don't want to take a break during HS season like clubs do.

The reason DA is not allowing kids to play HS is because DA season is Sept-June and they don't want to take a break during HS season like clubs do.

In my opinion, Soccer is #4 sport in high school even in Socal. The stats show that kids have a better chance at getting a scholarship in Football than Soccer. The academies should allow kids to do another sport as long as they can keep up with the demands at the academy level. At the very least allow it for their Freshman & Sophomore years. Even if you exclude college scholarships which doesnt really help a soccer player, kids in high school want to play the most popular sports. Let the kids be kids and by the end of their Sophmore year they can decide if they want to focus 100% on soccer or move to a different sport.

My point is that if Academies want to improve their talent pool, they need to be flexible. Soccer is still the #4 sport in High School.

In my opinion, Soccer is #4 sport in high school even in Socal. The stats show that kids have a better chance at getting a scholarship in Football than Soccer. The academies should allow kids to do another sport as long as they can keep up with the demands at the academy level. At the very least allow it for their Freshman & Sophomore years. Even if you exclude college scholarships which doesnt really help a soccer player, kids in high school want to play the most popular sports. Let the kids be kids and by the end of their Sophmore year they can decide if they want to focus 100% on soccer or move to a different sport.

My point is that if Academies want to improve their talent pool, they need to be flexible. Soccer is still the #4 sport in High School.

I fail to see how it would be possible for a kid to attend HS, practice 4 days a week, do all the homework, have some kind of social life, and do other sport.
I don't think 24 hours in a day is enough.

Makes perfect sense. Multiple reasons why playing other sports isn't allowed, but a big one is that they won't get the best of the kid at training and games. The DA season runs 9 months and teams train year-round. HS aged DA players train 4 nights a week. How could they possibly play football, baseball, or anything else given the demands of DA? Are you suggesting lengthy breaks from training and games to accommodate this? How is that beneficial to the development of truly elite players, the one's US Soccer set this system up for?

Makes perfect sense. Multiple reasons why playing other sports isn't allowed, but a big one is that they won't get the best of the kid at training and games. The DA season runs 9 months and teams train year-round. HS aged DA players train 4 nights a week. How could they possibly play football, baseball, or anything else given the demands of DA? Are you suggesting lengthy breaks from training and games to accommodate this? How is that beneficial to the development of truly elite players, the one's US Soccer set this system up for?
I don't think there is much debate that the DA system doesn't have many "truly elite players". If it were me, I may want the choice to choose between the ballers that aren't yet giving their "best" and the best of the mediocre talent out there that is giving all they will likely ever have.

What is the average age of the MNT roster, excluding foreign developed talent?
How many players on the MNT roster came through the DA?
How many MNT starters (for Friday's game) came through the DA?

The fact that these questions are confusing to so many, explains why the USMNT is ranked so low and it won't change anytime soon.

I don't think there is much debate that the DA system doesn't have many "truly elite players". If it were me, I may want the choice to choose between the ballers that aren't yet giving their "best" and the best of the mediocre talent out there that is giving all they will likely ever have.

What is the average age of the MNT roster, excluding foreign developed talent?
How many players on the MNT roster came through the DA?
How many MNT starters (for Friday's game) came through the DA?

The fact that these questions are confusing to so many, explains why the USMNT is ranked so low and it won't change anytime soon.

With the alphabet soup of leagues the so-called "elite" players are spread far and wide. Does DA have a higher % of them? Hard to say.

85+% of the YNT players come though DA but that's what it set up to do for the most part. For the MNT stats depends on the roster but about 7-8 played DA at the last qualifer, remember DA is only 10 yrs old.

Soccer fan,
Yeah true that's one of the problems with travel sports in general. Economics play a role in who's playing or not.

DA doesn't have concurrent rules & regs on playing HS sports other than soccer. Track & Field, Volleyball, and even football continue to be done by players who are also playing DA. Takes a lot of dedication & discipline for multiple sports plus say honor roles but can be done.

With the alphabet soup of leagues the so-called "elite" players are spread far and wide. Does DA have a higher % of them? Hard to say.

85+% of the YNT players come though DA but that's what it set up to do for the most part. For the MNT stats depends on the roster but about 7-8 played DA at the last qualifer, remember DA is only 10 yrs old.

Soccer fan,
Yeah true that's one of the problems with travel sports in general. Economics play a role in who's playing or not.

DA doesn't have concurrent rules & regs on playing HS sports other than soccer. Track & Field, Volleyball, and even football continue to be done by players who are also playing DA. Takes a lot of dedication & discipline for multiple sports plus say honor roles but can be done.
Yep, I stand corrected. Good point that DA does not prohibit other sports (just checked their rules and regs). I guess the better point is that they do state that "players must meet all attendance and participation requirements for training and games". So a kid could dedicate his or herself to DA soccer, then give a half-assed effort in their HS sport of choice I suppose. Don't care who the kid is - making 4 DA training sessions per week after football practice, then a DA game on Saturday after a Friday night football game - they aren't going to bring their "best" to either pursuit. Something's gotta give.

Yep, I stand corrected. Good point that DA does not prohibit other sports (just checked their rules and regs). I guess the better point is that they do state that "players must meet all attendance and participation requirements for training and games". So a kid could dedicate his or herself to DA soccer, then give a half-assed effort in their HS sport of choice I suppose. Don't care who the kid is - making 4 DA training sessions per week after football practice, then a DA game on Saturday after a Friday night football game - they aren't going to bring their "best" to either pursuit. Something's gotta give.
Maybe that has been part of the problem in producing "elite" players.

Back