Hello All,
Looking for advice: my daughter is aspiring to get into a college soccer team. Unfortunately/Fortunately she is just beginning High School (feels a little late for this process) , This will be her third year of Competitive Level Soccer. She has always been serious about soccer attending every practice, doing ladder drills/agility drills, she has a strength coach, and runs 1-2 miles early morning. She attends two practices every opportunity. Last year when she was playing lights out, the Coach recommended her to be on a Aspire team. We never heard any next steps, and I did follow up with the Coach. When I asked about Aspire the Coach's communication completely changed, it was really disappointing. The Coach listed several items where my daughter was weak, which was the complete opposite of previous year's feedback like her through balls, first touch, and etc.
She takes her training and practice very serious, and even in other parents eyes she has significantly upped her game. I did follow up with the Coach this season and she listed a couple of items, but the communication was ended with "Some Kids just don't make it to Aspire or GA". I just would like to know experiences with their kids and clubs when trying to go into Aspire with the following questions:
My wife and I are fully invested in my daughters soccer aspirations and will support her in which ever way we can, but we are getting close to the end of our patience with club sports. My daughter knows the following is required to be at a College level: 1) Straight A's (which she has and in MIddle school she had a 3.85 GPA) 2) Follow a strong Futbol Training Program: Running at least 1-2 Miles a day, Strength Conditioning Coach, Pick up Futbol, and touching the ball everyday. Along with attending every practice 3) Create an Online Highlight Videos: I have created her a profile but would prefer to keep it private.
I am just a parent trying to navigate this Soccer Club Environment to support my daughters aspirations. I am not expecting for my daughter to immediately start on a Aspire/GA team, both my wife and I know she has to earn her spot and put in the work to earn time on the field but I am just a little put off by this system and trying to get a clear message from a Coach.
Looking for advice: my daughter is aspiring to get into a college soccer team. Unfortunately/Fortunately she is just beginning High School (feels a little late for this process) , This will be her third year of Competitive Level Soccer. She has always been serious about soccer attending every practice, doing ladder drills/agility drills, she has a strength coach, and runs 1-2 miles early morning. She attends two practices every opportunity. Last year when she was playing lights out, the Coach recommended her to be on a Aspire team. We never heard any next steps, and I did follow up with the Coach. When I asked about Aspire the Coach's communication completely changed, it was really disappointing. The Coach listed several items where my daughter was weak, which was the complete opposite of previous year's feedback like her through balls, first touch, and etc.
She takes her training and practice very serious, and even in other parents eyes she has significantly upped her game. I did follow up with the Coach this season and she listed a couple of items, but the communication was ended with "Some Kids just don't make it to Aspire or GA". I just would like to know experiences with their kids and clubs when trying to go into Aspire with the following questions:
- Has anyone experienced transitioning from a Socal level team to a higher level team? How well does a player have to perform to do this transition?
- Do clubs really promote players from within?
- Going into the next season are clubs open to offering spots to players from SoCal Level to Aspire level?
- Are politics heavily involved here?
My wife and I are fully invested in my daughters soccer aspirations and will support her in which ever way we can, but we are getting close to the end of our patience with club sports. My daughter knows the following is required to be at a College level: 1) Straight A's (which she has and in MIddle school she had a 3.85 GPA) 2) Follow a strong Futbol Training Program: Running at least 1-2 Miles a day, Strength Conditioning Coach, Pick up Futbol, and touching the ball everyday. Along with attending every practice 3) Create an Online Highlight Videos: I have created her a profile but would prefer to keep it private.
I am just a parent trying to navigate this Soccer Club Environment to support my daughters aspirations. I am not expecting for my daughter to immediately start on a Aspire/GA team, both my wife and I know she has to earn her spot and put in the work to earn time on the field but I am just a little put off by this system and trying to get a clear message from a Coach.