Glock 17

$60-100 per mag?! Is this because they are early gen mags? Because if we're simply talking mag capacity.."standard" capacity mags that are legal in most other states run around $30+/- for a 17rd mag. Can't see anyone paying double..again unless they're somehow marked early-gen mags and considered collector's items. Besides..if he bought his gun way back when..those mags should be grandfathered in and he's legal to have them. Same thing if you bought "standard" capacity mags a few years ago during "Freedom Week." He should have a 17rd loaded for HD vs a neutered 10rd mag.
I think states like Mass. allow these to be grandfathered. They would have a rounded U shape on the top rear. I dig the TLR1-HL lights, the best bang for the buck, IMO

I bought my first gun about the same time as this thread, now I have more. I live in SoCal and CO and drive between monthly. I likely bought for the same reasons given here. I decided the complexities of a CCW (I had the classes) were just too much. So, I don't carry. I shoot about 1,000 rounds a month in several ranges. I decided I really like shooting and find it peaceful. I also find myself using ear plugs all the time. 2022-10-26_17-27-57.png2022-10-26_17-26-54.pngSmall2022-10-26_17-33-46.png

Getting a CCW here in CA is a pain. But if you are commuting I would still strongly recommend getting your permit. I wouldn't want to be making that drive unarmed. Once you're here in CA you can lock it up. But the rest of the time you could carry without issues. It's sad that it's so difficult for law-abiding citizens to exercise their rights..yet criminals carry every single day.
Nice range. The backstop if awesome. Which state is that in?

Getting a CCW here in CA is a pain. But if you are commuting I would still strongly recommend getting your permit. I wouldn't want to be making that drive unarmed. Once you're here in CA you can lock it up. But the rest of the time you could carry without issues. It's sad that it's so difficult for law-abiding citizens to exercise their rights..yet criminals carry every single day.
Nice range. The backstop if awesome. Which state is that in?
I didn't say I was unarmed, I said gave up on CA CCW. CA is too difficult.
I'm legal where I go, just the laws are different. Utah is constitutional carry. In CO you can have loaded in the car. CO say Castle doctrine and never prosecuted on your property. Just you are going to pay min $10K to defend yourself against not being prosecuted as they send 10 out of 10 of on property shootings to a jury.

Cameo Shooting Complex near Grand Junction CO. World Class. Not hard to believe when you see the pic.
I try to shoot there every time I go by when I don't have a pet with me.
I've shot locally, Ft Carson, CO, near Canyon City, here, couple places in PA and just scope out places now.

2022-10-27_16-00-46.png

Now I need to find some decent price 9MM.
How about you just create a Gun sub forum? Not much to do with soccer, but certainly enthusiasts.
As I post - I'm in SNA just checked my firearm luggage. Lots of shooting going to happen this week,
And please - get a CZ. Ideally from Cajun Gun Works.

Zoro, Very nice CZ's. I've been to that Range also! I had a CA CCW back in the day (2000), it was a PITA to get too. CO CCW is super easy to get but like you said not entirely necessary. There are a few States that have reciprocity and iirc it is something like $150 in fees for a 5 year permit.

Dom...if you are still looking for ammo..Turners has some decently priced 9MM on sale. Sierra 124GR JHP 20RD for $13 for HD and Fiocchi 115GR 50RD for $17 for the range. I think you have to have purchased a firearm within the last year at your current address or there are a bunch of other hoops to jump thru. Don't quote me on that. Just do what I try to do..purchase one firearm every 12-18 months so you stay current and can keep stocking up on ammo. ;)

Back