GA 2008 Showcase Dominated by FRAM DPL

The FRAM 08 Girls DPL team went into the GA Showcase as a guest and proved they were the best team there. Hopefully, they can get an invite to some more of these events and and even some ECNL events so they can dominate those teams as well.

I doubt the GA has much of a future in Southern California.
  • It does not have the most talented teams; nor even the second-most talented teams. Some ECRL teams would handle any of the GA teams pretty easily. There are some Discovery teams that would easily beat most of the GA teams.
  • Notwithstanding the lack of top-tier quality, the GA clubs charge outsized fees and require interstate travel for meaningless games. It is poor value.
  • If we are honest, most of the GA teams would be better situated in either the Discovery League or Flight One.
  • The DPL is worse. I know for a fact that some DPL teams could not even perform well in Flight 2.

This is the unfortunate truth for GA Southwest division. Also, once a club like Albion drops out to take advantage of local talent/leagues + less travel + less costs. Stick a fork in it GA is done.

I doubt the GA has much of a future in Southern California.
  • It does not have the most talented teams; nor even the second-most talented teams. Some ECRL teams would handle any of the GA teams pretty easily. There are some Discovery teams that would easily beat most of the GA teams.
  • Notwithstanding the lack of top-tier quality, the GA clubs charge outsized fees and require interstate travel for meaningless games. It is poor value.
  • If we are honest, most of the GA teams would be better situated in either the Discovery League or Flight One.
  • The DPL is worse. I know for a fact that some DPL teams could not even perform well in Flight 2.
How did you determine that the DPL, GA, and ECRL are not in the mix for best leagues in Socal? The truth is that all of those leagues are on par with the ECNL. I do not see any team out there that the FRAM team would not put a hurting on if they are playing well that day.

The FRAM 08 Girls DPL team went into the GA Showcase as a guest and proved they were the best team there. Hopefully, they can get an invite to some more of these events and and even some ECNL events so they can dominate those teams as well.

Talk about jumping to conclusions. They played in the third out of 4 divisions. It's a big stretch to say they were the best team there.

Have you seen any of the highlights posted on the FRAM 08 teams instagram account? You would likely change your tune if you watched them.

Really? The FRAM 08 instagram account posted a good highlight video of the team? I'm sure you think you kids team is good and you want them to play in bigger events but you are getting a little carried away.

I love your spirit. Looks like you have a solid little team.

However, hopefully you realize that you "dominated" the third tier of this showcase by beating teams who aren't ranked in the top 250 nationally (one isn't in the top 1000 nationally). GA still has some really good teams across the country and even a few here in SoCal, but you didn't play any of them at the showcase. Oh, and please don't hold your breath on getting into an ECNL event as there is no incentive for ECNL to do so. The most you should hope for as far as ECNL competition is matching up with some teams in a tournament or two (looks like you did in August, losing two with a negative eight goal differential and tying one).

Albion won't drop out of the GA, IMO they have no where to go.
I agree but I bet offers like "Drop out of GA now and in 2-3 years we'll give you an ECRL team to prove yourself" will occur if they're not happening already. This goes for all the big GA teams. Once 1-2 make a move the rest will follow.

I love your spirit. Looks like you have a solid little team.

However, hopefully you realize that you "dominated" the third tier of this showcase by beating teams who aren't ranked in the top 250 nationally (one isn't in the top 1000 nationally). GA still has some really good teams across the country and even a few here in SoCal, but you didn't play any of them at the showcase. Oh, and please don't hold your breath on getting into an ECNL event as there is no incentive for ECNL to do so. The most you should hope for as far as ECNL competition is matching up with some teams in a tournament or two (looks like you did in August, losing two with a negative eight goal differential and tying one).
Those games against the ECNL teams in August were controlled by FRAM . The first game against the Breakers was a tough one because of the heat that day and some of the girls stayed up too late the night before. The second game against Rebels was a tie but FRAM was the better team and by a mile. The last game against Blues was a loss but FRAM played much better soccer than the Blues that day. People that know the game know that the score does not always tell the entire story.

What is so funny about this?
Because you are excitable apparently for starters.

Those games against the ECNL teams in August were controlled by FRAM
This one is rather funny.

I guess controlling the game means losing 6-1 vs a last place team in the ECNL.
I guess controlling the game means losing 3-0 to another team.

Scoring 2 and giving up 10 vs 3 teams doesn't really fit the definition of control.

Because you are excitable apparently for starters.

This one is rather funny.

I guess controlling the game means losing 6-1 vs a last place team in the ECNL.
I guess controlling the game means losing 3-0 to another team.

Scoring 2 and giving up 10 vs 3 teams doesn't really fit the definition of control.
Soccer is a cruel sport. I am certain we have all seen games where we felt the better team lost. But not quite sure I have seen a loss at 1-6 or even 0-3 where I thought the better team lost. Has to be a troll.

Soccer is a cruel sport. I am certain we have all seen games where we felt the better team lost. But not quite sure I have seen a loss at 1-6 or even 0-3 where I thought the better team lost. Has to be a troll.
I would love to see some of these “top” ECNL teams scrimmage the FRAM team now. With the way the team is rolling now I suspect the Legends and Koges of the world would find a reason not to play.

I would love to see some of these “top” ECNL teams scrimmage the FRAM team now. With the way the team is rolling now I suspect the Legends and Koges of the world would find a reason not to play.
Yes, I am quite sure all the ecnl teams are scared of you guys.

Not to talk badly about another team, but you do realize that 1-6 loss you took was against a team that has lost 6 out of 7 in ecnl so far, with a negative 18 goal differential. Heck, they scored 2 more goals in the game vs your team than they have scored total over 7 league games. Your team must've stayed up all night and had to play in hotter weather than the other team on the field. I'm sure you guys controlled the game though. Tell us more about how you "know the game". Yikes.

Back