ECNL Playoffs

Sounds like a pretty biased report. I saw the game(s). The won 2-0, 4-1, and lost 4-2. They clearly scored goals. The final game was 1-1 at half. A poor call on a penalty kick gave Concorde the lead in the second half. The final goal (4) was also a weak foul call. The officiating was very lopsided.

Don't get me wrong, the Blues can score and I just heard on that game they they were not playing like on the first two games.

My point is to what Lighting Red stated, "MVLA has the best keeper. I’ll take them to win it all ".

A good keeper on MVLA team will not help getting them to the finals if goals are not finished.

Don't get me wrong, the Blues can score and I just heard on that game they they were not playing like on the first two games.

My point is to what Lighting Red stated, "MVLA has the best keeper. I’ll take them to win it all ".

A good keeper on MVLA team will not help getting them to the finals if goals are not finished.
My take was that LR thought the teams were fairly evenly matched so that the best goalkeeper might be the difference.

My take was that LR thought the teams were fairly evenly matched so that the best goalkeeper might be the difference.

If that's the case then yes It may make that difference; but it also all depends on how that keeper is performing. That's one reason why teams have 2 keepers. Of course with the exemption of the Blues u17; very risky IMO not having back up in case of jury.

What is the best rating system for young keepers?

That would be useful — I’m not sure there is one that’s terribly accurate. It seems like a few girls get ID’d early by a few feeder coaches (here on the east coast, the GK pipeline seems to be through The Keeper Institute in New Jersey) and then never drop off the TopDrawerSoccer lists, even if they haven’t lived up to their early hype.

Didn't even know MVLA had a goalie-- whenever I have seen them play they typically finish

My only complaint about the playoffs (and it doesn't affect me) is that everyone flies out to FL for a week to play, then you have to fly again someplace to play 2 more games. Why not finish it up in one place vs creating more expenses by requiring another round of flights, etc?

Would like to see a MVLA vs LAFC final.

MVLA vs Solar as kicker said should be pretty good.

My only complaint about the playoffs (and it doesn't affect me) is that everyone flies out to FL for a week to play, then you have to fly again someplace to play 2 more games. Why not finish it up in one place vs creating more expenses by requiring another round of flights, etc?

Would like to see a MVLA vs LAFC final.

MVLA vs Solar as kicker said should be pretty good.
100% agree. It's a complete fleecing of families that have to make the trip. Yes, good accomplishment making it to final 4, but having to pay for 2 $1000+ dollar flights to these locations within 3 weeks of each other is stupid and wrong.

100% agree. It's a complete fleecing of families that have to make the trip. Yes, good accomplishment making it to final 4, but having to pay for 2 $1000+ dollar flights to these locations within 3 weeks of each other is stupid and wrong.
I think players/families were in Florida for at least a week. And over the 4th of July holiday. That is not a cheap trip by any stretch. Then to have your "reward" for doing well to fly back to Virginia a few weeks later.
I guess you can forget about planning that summer vacation.

I think players/families were in Florida for at least a week. And over the 4th of July holiday. That is not a cheap trip by any stretch. Then to have your "reward" for doing well to fly back to Virginia a few weeks later.
By now the league has you hook, line, and sinker. It's a pain for sure and demonstrates the exclusivity of these leagues. Constantly writing those checks, hoping somewhere down the line their is a return on your "investment".

Would it be possible to not have a post season? Save parents some $$. Maybe have some cross conference play throughout the year that eliminates this crazy post season schedule?

The kids will have fun though as will the college coaches.

If that's the case then yes It may make that difference; but it also all depends on how that keeper is performing. That's one reason why teams have 2 keepers. Of course with the exemption of the Blues u17; very risky IMO not having back up in case of jury.
Every club has an entire ECRL team they can draw from. Obviously the Blues back up keeper players on the ECRL team, where she gets loads of playing time.

If you don’t fly all over, you always play the same teams, because you play whichever playoff team is closest to you.

OK by me. But other people might object to Blues meeting Surf in the quarterfinals 15 times in 5 years. It lacks a certain variety.

Exactly. You can forget your summer vacation planning and say hello to cutting two fat checks for unecessary travel. It does indeed point to the exclusivity of the league. There has to be a better way, but as long as families agree to pay, it will continue.

If you don’t fly all over, you always play the same teams, because you play whichever playoff team is closest to you.

OK by me. But other people might object to Blues meeting Surf in the quarterfinals 15 times in 5 years. It lacks a certain variety.
Not to open this can of worms again- But that's the problem with a closed league system. How many teams do Blues, Surf and Slammers drive past on the way to the airport that might give them a decent game? How many bench players at B, S, S are there because they want to be on an ECNL team but would be better served getting playing time at a club that plays local?

Back