Do Development Academies Really Develop Players?

Well... more training and less games with a longer season helps with development. And maybe there is some better training at some DA clubs.

But really, the crux of the problem... many who coach at DA clubs are still stuck in the same old ways. Emphasis on winning over player development still dominates. This emphasis is incredibly corrosive to the stated goals of DA.

So, the answer to your question... maybe a little.

MQ is great at developing players from as early in their development to later in their youth careers. He believes and focuses on skill development (footwork). If you watch his teams they all play with skill from the back line to the forward line. MQ also stresses and teaches players to be thinkers and tacticians on the field and play the game like it was chess. Therefore his teams play controlled soccer with quick 1-2 passing schemes, thus moving the ball quickly about the field with thought/purpose and trying to find the breaks and passing lanes. Many of the DA boys for LAG that came from LAGSB have at some point worked with MQ. His influence is still seen on the girls side with many of the LAGSB players (my two girls are included in this) . I could say more but than I would be bragging. :D

Thanks for the info. I got two that play for LAGSB too so hopefully one of them will get a chance to be coached by him. I haven't seen him at any of the spring soccer games though yet.

brace-yourself-spam-21ss18.jpg
Or, shill. It should be noted that the FTC looks down on such posts:

For purposes of this part, an endorsement means any advertising message (including verbal statements, demonstrations, or depictions of the name, signature, likeness or other identifying personal characteristics of an individual or the name or seal of an organization) that consumers are likely to believe reflects the opinions, beliefs, findings, or experiences of a party other than the sponsoring advertiser...

Back