DMCV Sharks Girls Director

Kudos for keeping track of Surf RL scores. I am simply going off of my buddies comment on where they ended in league. Looks like OC has the better RL teams, Surf/sharks/Rebels bottom of the RL league. How’s Albion GA? Big contenders?
Albion unfortunately hasn't been doing as well after MW went to Sharks (now LegendsSD). If LegendsSD can work through former Sharks leadership issues I could see them targeting Albion for players.

Overall through GA clubs have circled the wagons on players and make it difficult for their players to get recruited by ECNL clubs.

Are you sure about that? The 2006 and older GA teams may have had a slight edge, but 2007 and younger age groups show a different landscape.

When you compare the top 15 or so California teams of the different leagues by age group there is a clear trend. ECRL and GA as a group have the same strength and spread of teams within rankings; they are the same level of play. ECNL is clearly better than both, but not by a substantial amount. DPL and NPL are also the same level of play as each other, and slightly lower than ECRL/GA, but not by much.

2007 Age Group

The first 2007 City GA team listed in your post is City's 2nd GA team (my dd's team). Looks like a typo on the team name in youth soccer rankings, but City's 1st GA team is ranked 15th in California fwiw.

The first 2007 City GA team listed in your post is City's 2nd GA team (my dd's team). Looks like a typo on the team name in youth soccer rankings, but City's 1st GA team is ranked 15th in California fwiw.

SR pulls the name from the most recent game data. It looks like that team entered Surf Cup as "City SC Carlsbad - City SC San Diego 2007 Girls AC", so that is the name that team entity is now using. If that game data isn't correctly assigned, it should be deleted from that team. Surf Cup data is messing up the names of a number of teams - they must have used some less common tournament software, or people registered their teams with non standard names. Either way - once the season starts again, or they enter another tournament as City SC 07G GA, that team name will go right back.

city ga sources.jpgcity sc teams.jpg

Back