Dirt fields in Davis

pmgrant72

BRONZE
The Davis Legacy Complex used to have very nice grass fields. We hadn't been there since last spring. This past weekend, many of the fields were essentially just dirt. Did they lose their water allocation? Trying to save money?

It used to be a treat to play there, now my daughter doesn't like it.
Same can be said for San Diego Surf fields.
It would be one thing if the fields were dead flat and missing grass, but there are undulations and some fields are a patchwork of grass types so the ball rolls a little funny,

The upside... they finally got some asphalt in there.

It used to be a treat to play there, now my daughter doesn't like it.
Same can be said for San Diego Surf fields.
It would be one thing if the fields were dead flat and missing grass, but there are undulations and some fields are a patchwork of grass types so the ball rolls a little funny,

The upside... they finally got some asphalt in there.

Down here in San Diego at Surf College Cup and can confirm the fields are trashed. They just play too many tournaments / games here...the grass can't stand up to all the games...still love coming down here, can't pick a better spot.

As for parking fees...funniest was a San Juan tournament a couple years back...they were charging $20 a day! In Rancho! With a business park right across the street to park in. Sorry San Juan...no way am I paying $20 to park in Ranch...I can handle a short walk. Can't really do that in Davis...they are in the middle of BFE, no where else to park.

They had to cancel part of a soccer event at the Davis fields this past weekend due to field conditions; the rain has evidently made some unplayable. Some state cup Semis and Finals are scheduled for this upcoming weekend there, and are expected to be moved or postponed due to the issues.

Back