Coach Ada Greenwood let go as coach of USD Women's Soccer Team

Wow, one of my DD's team mates just signed at USD, curious what she thinks about now :( .... USD should take a look at Lu Leiberman (UCLA asst.) Top notch, tough and a terrific coach

This is only hearsay, but I heard it was because of the way he treated some of his players. Again, this is just what I was told. I love Ada. He is old school and I'm sorry to see him leave.

This is very plausible. USD got rid of a very successful football coach (pre-Harbaugh) because of the coach's bad behavior with the student body. Don't know anything about this situation, but if true, glad USD doesn't put up with it. College coaches have a lot of power and sometimes exercise that power abusively. When I was in college, we were on a road trip when my coach got a call from the other school's AD. The entire team we were going to play the next day quit (or was boycotting) because the coach was so crazy (he may have been bipolar). The team agreed to play only after the school committed not to bring back the coach.

Back