Climate and Weather

It was the thoughts and prayers of all my fans here on the forums, who fell on hard times while I was gone, that brought me back to the forums like a flaming Phoenix!
You're killing me!

Muahahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............................................

So, Di Caprio alarmism for the scientist?

They are both scientists, remember. I suppose I should risk a peek inside your ACC hall of mirrors to ask what Di Caprio alarmism means, or, more to the point, its relevance. I imagine you do not mean this.

My guess is a Hollywood actor made a statement about global warming. If that's it, so what? They are entitled to an opinion just like Warren Meyer. Doesn't mean anything with respect to the science we are considering here one way or another.

Are we back to Venezuela again?

To summarize, so far we have an argument formulated around Warren Meyer, our Viscount friend, Leonardo DiCaprio, hair products, Venezuela and Aff's truck. On the Badger thread, whatever. On the Dachshund thread, whatever. On the BS about everything thread, if one can press the exclamation point key one is overqualified. But on this thread so far you're bringing class 200 pipe to a schedule 40 job.

To summarize, so far we have an argument formulated around Warren Meyer, our Viscount friend, Leonardo DiCaprio, hair products, Venezuela and Aff's truck. On the Badger thread, whatever. On the Dachshund thread, whatever. On the BS about everything thread, if one can press the exclamation point key one is overqualified. But on this thread so far you're bringing class 200 pipe to a schedule 40 job.
We wait.
Eventually the deniers will be either proved wrong or right.
In the mean time life goes on as always.

Here's tonight's existential question. A climate change researcher gets on a plane in New York, flies to Reagan airport, and takes the blue line to a symposium on climate change at George Washington University. A political economist gets on a plane in San Francisco, flies into Reagan airport, and takes the yellow line to the Cato Institute for a symposium on the power of free markets to transform American infrastructure. Who's the bigger hypocrite?

They are both scientists, remember. I suppose I should risk a peek inside your ACC hall of mirrors to ask what Di Caprio alarmism means, or, more to the point, its relevance. I imagine you do not mean this.

My guess is a Hollywood actor made a statement about global warming. If that's it, so what? They are entitled to an opinion just like Warren Meyer. Doesn't mean anything with respect to the science we are considering here one way or another.
Everybody is a Scientist. Didn't you know?

Basically what is actually happening (200 pipe) vs. Climate model projections (40 job).

Last edited:
We wait.
Eventually the deniers will be either proved wrong or right.
In the mean time life goes on as always.
In the mean time, life has never been better in the U.S. and many other countries around the world. No such thing as deniers. Alarmist made up that label to justify further funding for their projects and teaching jobs so that they can pay off their student loans.

In the mean time, life has never been better in the U.S. and many other countries around the world. No such thing as deniers. Alarmist made up that label to justify further funding for their projects and teaching jobs so that they can pay off their student loans.

Bullshit. Let me help.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deny

"to say that something is not true"

It's only the idiots who choose to ignore what a scientist tells them that dislikes the term denier, because it reminds them that they have chosen a political stance hand fed to them by the fossil fuel industry.

What happens when the prognostications just dont pan out?
Ill tell you what happens.
We claim victory for saving the planet.

The plural of alarmist is alarmists.

The plural of idiot is idiots.

Bullshit. Let me help.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deny

"to say that something is not true"

It's only the idiots who choose to ignore what a scientist tells them that dislikes the term denier, because it reminds them that they have chosen a political stance hand fed to them by the fossil fuel industry.
I always love when you return to the government subsidized fossil fuel industry that you complain about while your consumption of cheap fossil fuel continues.

I always love when you return to the government subsidized fossil fuel industry that you complain about while your consumption of cheap fossil fuel continues.

Do you actually have something to add to the discussion, or do you just like to play imaginary gotcha?

Do you actually have something to add to the discussion, or do you just like to play imaginary gotcha?
Are you denying that you left a huge CO2 trail in the atmosphere from California to Hawaii and back about 2 months ago? That's not a gotcha. It's a better then 97% consensus I imagine. Please continue.

Back