Cerritos Memorial

In the G10 bracket top ranked team in the US (MVLA) played against the Ecnl Mojave champs (Slammers FC 5th Ca and 15th nationally) and Legends NL (11th Ca / 31st national) and Crossfire NL from Washington all in a group. In the lower bracket you had slammers RL (8th Ca / 26th national) playing.

Seemed like a better play to be at then watching surf ecnl beat up on VC Fusion Titans FC

In the G10 bracket top ranked team in the US (MVLA) played against the Ecnl Mojave champs (Slammers FC 5th Ca and 15th nationally) and Legends NL (11th Ca / 31st national) and Crossfire NL from Washington all in a group. In the lower bracket you had slammers RL (8th Ca / 26th national) playing.

Seemed like a better play to be at then watching surf ecnl beat up on VC Fusion Titans FC
Who made the final? I see what your saying, and this is normal to put the home teams in easier brackets. Once the top 3 GU9 teams were placed in the same bracket at state cup many years ago, and it was allegedly a blind draw. 2 of those teams made the SC final. (Blues won)

Who made the final? I see what your saying, and this is normal to put the home teams in easier brackets. Once the top 3 GU9 teams were placed in the same bracket at state cup many years ago, and it was allegedly a blind draw. 2 of those teams made the SC final. (Blues won)
Top bracket was just a showcase, so just 3 games, no final but MVLA beat the other top 2 teams in the bracket.

Second bracket will have semi- finals tomorrow then finals. Slammers RL (5th Ca) top seed vs MVLA RL (31st Ca), and on the other side of the bracket you have Slammers Koge RL (37th Ca) vs Slammers RL2 SoCal (52nd Ca).

Match #TimeHome TeamResultsAway TeamLocationDivision
Final
May 27, 2024
11:30 AM PDT

Scheduled
CDA_LOGO.png
CDA Slammers HB G16 Marietti Elite
-
lfc_crest_fullcolor_stars.png
Legends FC SGV G16
Girls 2016 Spo

Another rematch with slammers winning the first, and have 0 goals against đź‘Ź

Yes and that’s what makes it worse. It’s not like you can just go to another team. The whole system has you by the soccer balls…

Why did they change fields out to Silverlakes? Especially on a holiday weekend with so much traffic!
Boys were at Silverlakes all weekend, I guess they wanted awards ceremony in one place. I wish they could have kept the girls at Great Park for their finals! We have to drive out to SilverLakes from South OC for a 2pm final today. Gonna take us hours to get home. Excited for my kids first final though!

Silverlakes has held up pretty well. Traffic’s been terrible, of course.
Grass is doing remarkably well for end of season…well goalboxes excluded….forgot how bad the traffic can be there. 1/2 hour in at 11 and if you come in from north or west gridlocked so you have to wait even more

Was at the surf fields for Copa America. On the younger side it was mostly blues and surf. Legends top 2013 team is and playing under the title as the 2012 RL team. Officiating was quite awful. Official called a ball dead in a 2013 game for a header and realized he screwed up. Nonetheless still gave the ball to the other team. Offsides missed multiple times giving a team two goals. Does officiating get any better in ECNL or GA? Makes it hard to watch games with such poor officiating.

Was at the surf fields for Copa America. On the younger side it was mostly blues and surf. Legends top 2013 team is and playing under the title as the 2012 RL team. Officiating was quite awful. Official called a ball dead in a 2013 game for a header and realized he screwed up. Nonetheless still gave the ball to the other team. Offsides missed multiple times giving a team two goals. Does officiating get any better in ECNL or GA? Makes it hard to watch games with such poor officiating.
It’s the same on the boys end, especially tournaments. Referee shortages so they take who they can get (not everyone wants to blow their entire weekend being a ref for the pittance) and multiple games over and over so it’s hard to stay focused on that line let alone care. At Cerritos saw one ref just lie down the second game during an injury break. Second day there was no rhyme nor reason to the calls: pk for an obvious dive but a real foul was a no call…obvious offsides not called and ref trailing behind the line but then parents complain and a no offside called as offside…no rhyme or reason…but even the brackets on the boys side didn’t make a whole lot of sense (an mls next team in the mix, ea teams in the lower division, Latino rec team in the upper division). The best attitude to go in there is that it is what it is….

League at least for the higher letter league is better because it’s not such a crush at once and not a holiday weekend and refs can chose local. Letter league they tend to get their pick before SoCal.

It’s the same on the boys end, especially tournaments. Referee shortages so they take who they can get (not everyone wants to blow their entire weekend being a ref for the pittance) and multiple games over and over so it’s hard to stay focused on that line let alone care. At Cerritos saw one ref just lie down the second game during an injury break. Second day there was no rhyme nor reason to the calls: pk for an obvious dive but a real foul was a no call…obvious offsides not called and ref trailing behind the line but then parents complain and a no offside called as offside…no rhyme or reason…but even the brackets on the boys side didn’t make a whole lot of sense (an mls next team in the mix, ea teams in the lower division, Latino rec team in the upper division). The best attitude to go in there is that it is what it is….

League at least for the higher letter league is better because it’s not such a crush at once and not a holiday weekend and refs can chose local. Letter league they tend to get their pick before SoCal.

I definitely hear you. Been at this for a few years now and I feel like the quality of the reffing continues to deteriorate. Have typically approached as it is what it is. I guess it has seemed harder and harder if it feels it has deteriorated further. Went to legends tournament and Refs were okay. Not great but not terrible. Surf refs on the other hand are getting to be just downright awful. Will hopefully be moving up to ECNL or GA next year for league so hopefully will get better refs. I have also noted that on the girls side as they age up teams/clubs are not as aggressive to going to every tournament. Is that a correct? Just trying to avoid injuries? This is in relation to seeing less blues, surf, beach, rebels Ecnl in the olders like say copa America.

I definitely hear you. Been at this for a few years now and I feel like the quality of the reffing continues to deteriorate. Have typically approached as it is what it is. I guess it has seemed harder and harder if it feels it has deteriorated further. Went to legends tournament and Refs were okay. Not great but not terrible. Surf refs on the other hand are getting to be just downright awful. Will hopefully be moving up to ECNL or GA next year for league so hopefully will get better refs. I have also noted that on the girls side as they age up teams/clubs are not as aggressive to going to every tournament. Is that a correct? Just trying to avoid injuries? This is in relation to seeing less blues, surf, beach, rebels Ecnl in the olders like say copa America.
Less about trying to avoid injuries than the clubs trying to save money and the parents not caring (since an additional trophy that doesn’t mean anything is worthless) and the players having other things to do…if the teams are good they’ve just been through the regional and national playoffs…if bad they are reorganizing at this time. Same with thanksgiving. Late Summer is different since it serves as pre scrimmage season.

What a joke. Coach brings 22 players; several are not even registered as current team members and then plays them over boys who have been there all year. Unhappy parents but still nothing happens. our “choice” to play but sometimes you wonder why.
Why stay?

Older teams have more injuries. By May, they're already down players. It's risky to play 3-4 extra games right before playoffs.

If they do play in May, they may go to an east coast event like ECNL-NC, because their sophomore players want to get exposure to east coast colleges.

The very top teams may just look at the team list and think "no one worth playing". Surf's Memorial Day event fits this description.

Back