Cal South 2004 Player Pool Announced

It is amazing the venom people spew at others for disagreeing and/or having a different outlook than theirs while in a world of anonymity. There are good debates on this forum – worth reading, but intertwined are antagonistic individuals like you whom mostly likely are sincere and joyful when not behind the blind walls of the World Wide Web. Mr. Lone Wolf, I am sure your daughter competed well last year at CB and congrats to her for that because it is an experience that will pay dividends no matter how disorganized and technically lacking the process was from your perspective. I don’t smoke a crack pipe, however tempting and euphoric it makes one feel. No sir, I am not an idiot unless it just make you feel better inside, then whatever. I wish the best for daughter and you as well. Regards!

I am here if you need a hug. You seem upset?

Step away from the crack pipe please. Odp well organized.? Lol. Are you insane. My DD participated last year. Her position was centerback. All these idiots did was split everyone up and roll the balls out on the field. They blew the whistle and said play. Ha. Please that's not well organized idiot. No skills testing or running drills. Nothing. Odp and Hoffman are many grabbing jokers.

Lone Wolf aka "Puppy Chow"- Ooooooooh Howl at the moon ....fool .... your a funny pup!

ODP has a history of having great players to go on and play DI or USWNT.

ODP is a collection/recognition of the best players within the region and it's really cool for our DD's ... everyone thinks that DA is end all be all ... but I don't think it's as clean cut as you might think.

ODP is not as bad as you make out to be ... it's still a viable program at least for the short term ... Your take is a bit extreme and jaded and needed to be tempered with Kibles & Bits .... Ahoooh, Ahoooh, Aoooooooh that's Konzilla Howlin at the moon.

It is amazing the venom people spew at others for disagreeing and/or having a different outlook than theirs while in a world of anonymity. There are good debates on this forum – worth reading, but intertwined are antagonistic individuals like you whom mostly likely are sincere and joyful when not behind the blind walls of the World Wide Web. Mr. Lone Wolf, I am sure your daughter competed well last year at CB and congrats to her for that because it is an experience that will pay dividends no matter how disorganized and technically lacking the process was from your perspective. I don’t smoke a crack pipe, however tempting and euphoric it makes one feel. No sir, I am not an idiot unless it just make you feel better inside, then whatever. I wish the best for daughter and you as well. Regards!

That's beautiful. Very nice reply.you must be a English major. Funny how you don't state what team your DD players for either. You hiding from anonymity as well I see? I'm not hiding from anyone. Everyone knows where the wolfs from. I'm not being negative I'm just stating a fact that odp is a joke. They get it right for maybe 25% of the talent. They could pick 5 teams of 18 from SoCal and get the same results you got last year. That a fact. Just don't come on the forum with a high and mighty attitude because 95% of the forum participants know better. Good luck tmrw I'm pulling for you guys. Also don't mess up those nice cameras and wagon you have it's pretty muddy at gallow. Lol

Lone Wolf aka "Puppy Chow"- Ooooooooh Howl at the moon ....fool .... your a funny pup!

ODP is a collection/recognition of the best players within the region and it's really cool for our DD's ... everyone thinks that DA is end all be all ... but I don't think it's as clean cut as you might think.

ODP is not as bad as you make out to be ... it's still a viable program at least for the short term ... Your take is a bit extreme and jaded and needed to be tempered with Kibles & Bits .... Ahoooh, Ahoooh, Aoooooooh that's Konzilla Howlin at

Your the fool Konzilla. Wolffffffffffffff

Lone Wolf - you must have Woof Woof Facts because your Facts are really opinions, wrong opinions but opinions non- the-less... please know I respect your opinions but not your Alt-Facts.

I just find it humorous how you try and run rough shot ... like your the "Truth" on this blog....it's not. . . its dog food at best, Dog poo poo at worst.

Now come on Wolf don't get mad ... you know many of those girls selected are the top players in the region, and I guess that's where we disagree ... your attempt to disparage or Minimize ODP is not lost on me which is why you needed a newspaper spank on the nose, as I totally disagree with your take on ODP.

Lone Wolf - you must have Woof Woof Facts because your Facts are really opinions, wrong opinions but opinions non- the-less... please know I respect your opinions but not your Alt-Facts.

I just find it humorous how you try and run rough shot ... like your the "Truth" on this blog....it's not. . . its dog food at best, Dog poo poo at worst.

Now come on Wolf don't get mad ... you know many of those girls selected are the top players in the region, and I guess that's where we disagree ... your attempt to disparage or Minimize ODP is not lost on me which is why you needed a newspaper spank on the nose, as I totally disagree with your take on ODP.
Like I said they get it right for the top 10%. They miss on the rest. I hope you can see that. Just look at your 04 team. How many didn't get a look. Please stop drinking the hofffman cool aid. Odp is is over. 140 kids x $100. Cash cow is out of milk soon babyyyy.

That's beautiful. Very nice reply.you must be a English major. Funny how you don't state what team your DD players for either. You hiding from anonymity as well I see? I'm not hiding from anyone. Everyone knows where the wolfs from. I'm not being negative I'm just stating a fact that odp is a joke. They get it right for maybe 25% of the talent. They could pick 5 teams of 18 from SoCal and get the same results you got last year. That a fact. Just don't come on the forum with a high and mighty attitude because 95% of the forum participants know better. Good luck tmrw I'm pulling for you guys. Also don't mess up those nice cameras and wagon you have it's pretty muddy at gallow. Lol

"Hiding from anonymity" is a concept I will take some time to adjust to.

Which explains why she's on the list again this year (sincerely,congrats to your DD).....will you do the sessions knowing you can't do Regionals?
Thank you. I'm thinking no but we're still discussing it. ODP was a great experience, she came out a great player, hungry for more, wanting more, I wouldn't trash that at all. I get that some on here don't like it but we did. It made her better for participating.

I agree slightly with this. I say slightly because for example I believe they missed two players for Surf that are better than at least 75 on there, yet took bench players?
I like how they recognized B team players, but 20?
Kong you speak youR mind and I have a lot of respect for that because most people here don't or whine and cry. So that being said I am curious for Arsenal would you say that they identified your top players?
I ask because they missed the boat big time at my club. To be frank my DD laughed when she saw the list.

Like I said they get it right for the top 10%. They miss on the rest. I hope you can see that. Just look at your 04 team. How many didn't get a look. Please stop drinking the hofffman cool aid. Odp is is over. 140 kids x $100. Cash cow is out of milk soon babyyyy.

Again agree it's a total money grab. I don't know why this is a hard concept for some people to grasp.
For them to go to 06 this year should be obvious why?
I will say one poster made a great point that they will continue to do well because it's Cal south and we are rich in talent, but it is my opinion that ODP will no longer be the force de majeur it once was.
Another poster a long time ago brought up a good point as well- it's a snapshot of a day and time and political. I know 7-8 graders ODP won't be placed on any soccer resume but when you are a student of the game and see this list it's wrong.
They clearly got this wrong

Raising my ante to 3¢ - I have friends that played youth soccer in the 70s and early 80s [aging myself] and who now have children playing youth soccer, and from what they tell me, ODP is much different today than when they played. As it should be because the landscape is always evolving, most evident with the age change and now the creation of GDA. With the enormity that is youth soccer, there will be a large spectrum of experiences and appreciations. ODP has 9 training days to prepare to play at Regional. These 9 training days are spread out over 8 months (March, July, December). They have thousands of kids to look at [from the time they begin to scout] for the 'sole purpose' of fielding a team of 18 players to play a maximum of 6 games (2004 age group stops at Regional). They have limited resources, funding and time; very much similar to college soccer scouting, which is why leagues like ECNL and now GDA appeal to college coaches.

Skills testing and running drills in 9 training days to field a team for 6 games is not a strong barometer to measure the success the age group will have at Regional. Putting players in the best game time scenarios [scrimmaging] will show the staff an individual's talents with ball control, awareness, explosiveness, finishing, ect. The current mission statement of ODP of being a 'direct path to the U.S. National Team' is due for a makeover. In the 70s and 80s, indeed its purpose was genuine. In 2017, the youth soccer machine we all know well has changed that ethos considerably. Our ODP coaches are looking for certain traits in different positions to maximize team play and success at Regional because that is there measure of success.

I can't blame the process since it is no different than club soccer. Every coach has their own bias when selecting players; it is what it is. Real world [jobs] is no different. We all have witnessed assignments granted and promotions that rattled our minds, and messy operations, meetings, training days that could have been planned better. It is all the same, I just appreciate the moment.

ODP being a 'Cash Cow' is not even on the same playing field as the billion dollar business that is youth soccer; not even close. One of the nice experiences at Regional was the opportunity to converse with parents from other states. In comparison, CalSouth is the envy of all states. Most parents from neighboring states have a few thousand invested in ODP by the time they reach Az. My total cost for my daughter from March to returning from Az was approximately $400.00 [included the initial T-shirt and shorts, full Kit with bag and windbreaker, travel and hotel in Az]. I would think any financial planner would say it was a good buy for what my daughter got out of it.

Mr. ESPN and LW, I love your passion, sincerely, and I am sure if you were on our sideline, you would be part of our FC couch. We have some great discussions at practices and games. If you're out there today, come say hi. I'll be on the AFC sideline and ask for Charlie.

ODP is not as bad as you make out to be ... it's still a viable program at least for the short term ... Your take is a bit extreme and jaded and needed to be tempered with Kibles & Bits .... Ahoooh, Ahoooh, Aoooooooh that's Konzilla Howlin at the moon.

ODP is done. It just is. It will be a watered down pool at best.
Can your daughter still go to Arizona and beat a team that we used to beat 20-0 maybe 8-0? Yes I bet so.
Will she still get no training in Ventura but feel special? Yes.
Will the low tier clubs still blast it on their Facebook wall and your neighbors will believe its a big deal? Yes
But similar to this whole DA vs ECNL thing we have going on I am skeptical. See DBF said not two months ago that she wanted her daughter to play with the best wherever that may be. This is the 2004 forum- I know of NO ONE who is considered a let's say top 50 whose not going to DA. Since everyone believes in facts would someone like to name a player whose a top 50 who has chosen to stay ECNL? We are all buddies here and know rosters. So is anyone telling me that on a roster there were shocks? The only shocks we have are how every top player is moving DA- that's all I got.
I will close with this. Everyone remember the poster Sped? He would post things that were always pro club pro surf never any open mind, never any ability to see something from a different angle. Just suspicios to me. He deactivated his account apparently. As parents we have to have an open mind. To have someone write a love letter to Steve Hoffman on here is bizarre- it's just off. So yeah get mad at me for posting but I will provide our view, and our opinion and let the reader see what works for their family.
Families should know great experience, loved the camp, loved the swag, loved the girls ..but if you are DA you can't do it. If you are deciding whether or not to go DA based on whether you can do ODP...uh that's just simply stupid and should be the last difference between DA and ECNL

Raising my ante to 3¢ - I have friends that played youth soccer in the 70s and early 80s [aging myself] and who now have children playing youth soccer, and from what they tell me, ODP is much different today than when they played. As it should be because the landscape is always evolving, most evident with the age change and now the creation of GDA. With the enormity that is youth soccer, there will be a large spectrum of experiences and appreciations. ODP has 9 training days to prepare to play at Regional. These 9 training days are spread out over 8 months (March, July, December). They have thousands of kids to look at [from the time they begin to scout] for the 'sole purpose' of fielding a team of 18 players to play a maximum of 6 games (2004 age group stops at Regional). They have limited resources, funding and time; very much similar to college soccer scouting, which is why leagues like ECNL and now GDA appeal to college coaches.

Skills testing and running drills in 9 training days to field a team for 6 games is not a strong barometer to measure the success the age group will have at Regional. Putting players in the best game time scenarios [scrimmaging] will show the staff an individual's talents with ball control, awareness, explosiveness, finishing, ect. The current mission statement of ODP of being a 'direct path to the U.S. National Team' is due for a makeover. In the 70s and 80s, indeed its purpose was genuine. In 2017, the youth soccer machine we all know well has changed that ethos considerably. Our ODP coaches are looking for certain traits in different positions to maximize team play and success at Regional because that is there measure of success.

I can't blame the process since it is no different than club soccer. Every coach has their own bias when selecting players; it is what it is. Real world [jobs] is no different. We all have witnessed assignments granted and promotions that rattled our minds, and messy operations, meetings, training days that could have been planned better. It is all the same, I just appreciate the moment.

ODP being a 'Cash Cow' is not even on the same playing field as the billion dollar business that is youth soccer; not even close. One of the nice experiences at Regional was the opportunity to converse with parents from other states. In comparison, CalSouth is the envy of all states. Most parents from neighboring states have a few thousand invested in ODP by the time they reach Az. My total cost for my daughter from March to returning from Az was approximately $400.00 [included the initial T-shirt and shorts, full Kit with bag and windbreaker, travel and hotel in Az]. I would think any financial planner would say it was a good buy for what my daughter got out of it.

Mr. ESPN and LW, I love your passion, sincerely, and I am sure if you were on our sideline, you would be part of our FC couch. We have some great discussions at practices and games. If you're out there today, come say hi. I'll be on the AFC sideline and ask for Charlie.

See Charlie I like this post A lot because you get it here. WHY DONT THEY IDENTIFY AND TRAIN EARLIER? I do believe that the girls are so good that it's not necessary but it takes away.
The camp was the highlight of my daughters year. Ojai is very special and I am also sad she can't go.
I have always said that this system is wrong. I will go a step further and state that I believe that all this DA stuff is bizarre and would have loved a regional option for DA as THAT would have kept those top one percenters together and they would have taken the training to next level. My daughter would never make that cut but I can clearly say "well that girl should be playing up etc"
As far as today I need you to jump up and down on sidelines because we are watching the livestream.
We are all rooting for AFC! We need to get three SOCAL teams at FWR and have total domination. Good luck, no injuries and for the record Legends DA up north is going to be insane next year so good luck on choices

PSS PEOPLE- and I mean this seriously PLLLEEAASSEEE if your girls are going to DA please give the other girls a chance and avoid Ventura and Ojai. Let the girls who can play regional have their moment and shot!
One of my friends said yesterday "well my daughter can still have her experiences until Aug 1." Please don't be that person

You're sour about ODP, because your DD was cut. Funny, they get it right 25% of the time. You are so WRONG! In the 1999 birth year, here are the players who made Pro+/ODP Cal-South team aka top 18 team throughout the years and which college they are playing at this fall.

Ashley Sanchez-UCLA
Kiara Pickett-Stanford
Brooke Reddington-Stanford
Sohia Serafin-Stanford
Catarina Macario-Stanford
Karina Rodriguez-UCLA
Sabrina Encisco-Arizona
Mina G.-USD
Vivianna Villacorta-UCLA
Denea Antonie-CAL
Lauren Payne-Wash St
Hanna Goff-Wash St
Caitlin Sanchez-Washington
Hillary Beal-Michigan
Zoey Clevely-Pepperdine
Lou Ishikawa-Pepperdine
Choie Boice-Notre Dame
Savannah Madden-University of Texas (Longhorns)
Lauren Brzyski-UCLA
Sydney Carr-UCI
Hanna Sharts-UCLA
Tera McKeown-USC
Samantha Fisher-Notre Dame

I would say ODP coaches and their staff get it right more like 95% of the time! #facts

Don't let the HATERS get under your skin. I have seen it throughout the years. They are the same parents who's DD didn't end up committing to top universities or not committing at all.

If your DD made the Pro+/ODP team congrats.....she will be highly recruited in couple of years! Her resume will have a clear distinction vs 200+ SoCal girls ALL sending emails and their player resume ALL saying they play on a Girls DA team.

I know a 2001 player, her head coach didn't want his players to attend ODP tryouts. Well the dad took her anyway and she made the team and is now being recuited by LMU and a couple of Pac-12 schools and one being Stanford. She ended being called in a YNT camp also. #playerresume

Enough already with you Old Man! You are comparing different systems! What can you not seem to grasp about the fact that the way they did things when your DD was in eighth grade is DIFFERENT NOW.
You are living in the past so do us all a favor and take your walker back to the 98-99 forum and enjoy your DD aging out. Or argue on the political posts side.
Every time I try to watch a thread you ruin it with your posts because you are not understanding the system. Why should you your DD IS AGING OUT?!!

Don't let the HATERS get under your skin. I have seen it throughout the years. They are the same parents who's DD didn't end up committing to top universities or not committing at all.

If your DD made the Pro+/ODP team congrats.....she will be highly recruited in couple of years! Her resume will have a clear distinction vs 200+ SoCal girls ALL sending emails and their player resume ALL saying they play on a Girls DA team.

I know a 2001 player, her head coach didn't want his players to attend ODP tryouts. Well the dad took her anyway and she made the team and is now being recuited by LMU and a couple of Pac-12 schools and one being Stanford. She ended being called in a YNT camp also. #playerresume

Omg this guy.
Newsflash all the posters arguing had daughters that not only made the list but went to Regionals and immediate DA OFFERS.
Also again fellow posters anyone who knows anything should also know since this is a 2004 forum that WE DONT PUT 7 and 8 GRADE STUFF ON RESUMES. Big difference between a 11 and 14 year old.
Sorry someone needed to speak up

Enough already with you Old Man! You are comparing different systems! What can you not seem to grasp about the fact that the way they did things when your DD was in eighth grade is DIFFERENT NOW.
You are living in the past so do us all a favor and take your walker back to the 98-99 forum and enjoy your DD aging out. Or argue on the political posts side.
Every time I try to watch a thread you ruin it with your posts because you are not understanding the system. Why should you your DD IS AGING OUT?!!
Don't hate, replying to lonewolf posting...."ODP gets it right 25% of the time". I understand the landscape is evolving, but that doesn't take away the FACT ODP gets it right 95% of the time. Just because Girls DA is starting this Fall doesn't mean mean ODP scouts were wrong in the 2003/2004 age group. #hater

Back