Byga vs TeamSnap

Highlander

SILVER ELITE
Who wins? I think Byga has a better vision, and is a better app for a soccer club...but right now TeamSnap is the better app for the parents. Curious what others think.

As a parent, I much prefer the interface on teamsnap. It looks nicer than byga. Also, easier to see what color to wear and when/where to show up. Also has features like team photo and season record, etc. Byga for a larger club is nice as administrators/managers can see when fields are being used and what a coaches schedule looks like across all their teams. Interface for byga hasn't improved much over the years but it is functional.

Also, easier to see what color to wear and when/where to show up.

Are you using the ability to link to Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple, or any other calendaring system? We rarely need to actually go into any of these systems themselves (as a parent) to see what's going on each day, as it automatically shows up in our family calendar anyway. We only need to go into the systems as a team manager, to make any required adds/changes to the roster or schedule data itself as needed.

I haven't used BYGA in a few years. Maybe it has improved since. A few years ago the BYGA did not have feature parity with teamsnap, i.e. parent features. The app interface was stuck in the 90s too. Maybe it has gotten but it still hasn't found a catchy name...what does BYGA even stand for

Who wins? I think Byga has a better vision, and is a better app for a soccer club...but right now TeamSnap is the better app for the parents. Curious what others think.
Byga is terrible...really bad interface. TeamSnap was better but also poor. It is clear that little to no money goes into this software.

Byga is linked to all league/tournament schedules and automatically populates upcoming games, thus saving team managers and coaches lots of time. That is why its' popularity is exploding.

The direct linkage is nice. What's also nice is the connection from Byga to Google Calendar is quite fast. Often these integrations are laggy, with changes coming through once a day, or at least a few hours later. I run a auxiliary google apps script to speed up the integration with Teamsnap, for example. With Byga --> Google Calendar, it seems to happen very quickly and the script is unnecessary. I'd want to say minutes, but the truth is every time I notice a change on Byga and go to confirm it made it to our "real" google calendar, it's already showing there.

Back