AND SoCalSoccer is BACK!

Last time the site went down, it was relaunched altogether.

@Dominic any insight to what happened this time around? Someone from the "Off-Topic" crowd attack the site? ;)
My dedicated server hard drive crashed as was not able to be repaired . I found someone to slowly recover the database piece by piece , and this is why it took awhile. I almost was going to start over and lose all the posts and users, just like you mentioned . The site will be upgraded to the latest software soon and everything will stay intact.

My dedicated server hard drive crashed as was not able to be repaired . I found someone to slowly recover the database piece by piece , and this is why it took awhile. I almost was going to start over and lose all the posts and users, just like you mentioned . The site will be upgraded to the latest software soon and everything will stay intact.
Thank you for your efforts in recovering the database. As my DD enters her recruiting years, I was starting to data mine the College Recruiting topic for guidance.

Wait! You still have an actual physical server somewhere in your home/office? Is having it in the cloud, as a service, super expensive?

Wait! You still have an actual physical server somewhere in your home/office? Is having it in the cloud, as a service, super expensive?
No the dedicated server was with Hivelocity, and it was expensive.

Surprised no one is blaming the referees on this...

I’m glad it’s back. I needed my weekly fix of SoCal soccer talk. Doing better now, it went from a daily fix to cold turkey when the server was done. Tough times but I had a bottle of tequila to get me through the rough afternoons. Now I set my limit to no more than viewing this site 2 times a week…..maybe 3.
Thanks Dom!!

Back