'24-‘25 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

The player missing from Surf at finals isn't one of those 60-80 players. She is one of the 2-3 players in her age group that has been called into every single U15 and U16 camp and is now being called up an age group. Missing a player like that is different than missing a kid who has been to 1-2 camps.
Was she missing in Seattle too? I heard they loss to Ohio.

the concacaf rosters just trickled out.. I know on Tuesday the roster was initially revealed to the kids.
I heard last week a few whispers and it appears those rumors were true..
-No SD Surf kids
-they added a 2011 midfielders
I was very surprised by the 2011. My DD actually played against her in 3v3. I think she was maybe 12 at the time? Maybe even 11 which would make the other player 9 years old. Even at 9 the young player was quick and savvy for her age. She used to play up on SUSA 09s but moved to the NYSC MLS Next last year I think.

That said, I think their is a multitude of other players they could have picked. Word is the 2011 has multi-citizenships and the US does not want to lose her to Spain or Italy. As always, politics.

In other news, LV Surf/Heat won it's first USYS National title, cruising all the way. Another great 09 team moving into ECNL and it will certainly be interesting to watch going into ECNL.

Also, PDA ended up winning the Nike Premier Cup which included Clubs and All Star teams from 11 other countries. I'm sure some SoCal teams would have had similar results.

The bad news is that NCAA D1 roster talk is beginning to heat up with the new roster limits. A few '25s have already lost offers from these rules. Between the roster adjustment and players entering the transfer window, both '26s and 27's are going to take the brunt of the hit. Bottom line is less oppurtunities BUT those who are fortunate enough are likely to get more money as the 14 Scholarships is no longer capped meaning that after 14 it up to the schools discretion to offer scholarships. At least that is what I gather. It's very confusing.

I was very surprised by the 2011. My DD actually played against her in 3v3. I think she was maybe 12 at the time? Maybe even 11 which would make the other player 9 years old. Even at 9 the young player was quick and savvy for her age. She used to play up on SUSA 09s but moved to the NYSC MLS Next last year I think.

That said, I think their is a multitude of other players they could have picked. Word is the 2011 has multi-citizenships and the US does not want to lose her to Spain or Italy. As always, politics.

She is a dual citizen, many others on that roster are as well.

Since Concacaf is a FIFA event once a player is on the field for a few seconds, even subbed at the very end of the game they lock into that sporting nationality. FIFA sort of created this behavior. They wanted to avoid the "federation shopping" but the rules in the current form locks a player down and you get a one time change that has to be approved by FIFA. US Soccer always makes sure to let the prospective players know that the petition process can be quite complex, requires comprehensive documentation, and requests are not always granted by FIFA.

I don't think kids this age should have to worry about big decisions about what country to lock in with.

Back