2024 season ECRL

Ljohnso8

BRONZE
Thinking on having my DD play up next year with 2012 for ECRL. Any ideas on how the rankings will look like. I imagine both blues and slammers will have formidable teams. Any other ideas on how the rest will shake out or who else has current formidable teams which will be transitioning to ECRL next year. Thanks in advance.

Thinking on having my DD play up next year with 2012 for ECRL. Any ideas on how the rankings will look like. I imagine both blues and slammers will have formidable teams. Any other ideas on how the rest will shake out or who else has current formidable teams which will be transitioning to ECRL next year. Thanks in advance.
If all players that don't make the ECNL teams stick wth their current clubs, Blues and Slammers will likely be far ahead of the other RL teams. The question is- do the families that don't make ECNL stick around or do they go tryout for the NL teams at other clubs? I think it's too early to have a definitive answer to your question.

If all players that don't make the ECNL teams stick wth their current clubs, Blues and Slammers will likely be far ahead of the other RL teams. The question is- do the families that don't make ECNL stick around or do they go tryout for the NL teams at other clubs? I think it's too early to have a definitive answer to your question.
It's not just ECNL teams that recruit from top ECRL teams. GA coaches are watching ECRL players as well. Maybe even top DPL coaches.

ECRL players/parents need to decide if they're happy with the team they're playing on. If the Slammers or Blues ECNL team is pulling up RL players once in a while maybe it makes sense to stay. Maybe you live 10 minutes from the Slammers or Blues practice fields + don't want to drive an hour to play for a different team. Maybe you like the ECRL players/parents + don't want to get involved with all the ECNL team drama. There's many of reasons for sticking with an ECRL team.

General FYI, ECRL Southwest looks like it has all the same clubs as ECNL Southwest. It also looks like they play on all the same fields. (could be wrong I didn't look that closely) This means you'll need to travel to Los Angeles, San Diego, and Arizona.

If traveling all over the place while on a clubs second team isn't appealing, you might want to check out DPL. DPL Southwest is broken up in North and South. North DPL is basically north LA clubs and South DPL is Irvine + San Diego clubs. (No traveling to AZ) Something else that is interesting about DPL is that yes DPL is where GA clubs play their 2nd teams. But, It's also where clubs that are looking to get into GA play their top teams. Liverpool and SD Force are good examples of this. What it means is that DPL can be more competitive than you'd expect + you don't need to travel that far for games.

Back