2023 season

I saw them play this past weekend. Good team. They made it to the finals in Carlsbad Cup lost to Surf. From my understanding most of those pieces came from Blues. Nonetheless, strong team.
Any truth this team is explosive? I wonder who’s the coach?

Any truth this team is explosive? I wonder who’s the coach?
Explosive in what sense? One of their forwards was decent at pressing. Felt they matched up well physically against opponents and would go to the ball after punta winning possessions. Created opportunities through effective high presses mostly imo

Explosive in what sense? One of their forwards was decent at pressing. Felt they matched up well physically against opponents and would go to the ball after punta winning possessions. Created opportunities through effective high presses mostly imo
Explosive within creating defense to offense.. and I’m told that if they get rolling it’s hard to stop their momentum

Explosive within creating defense to offense.. and I’m told that if they get rolling it’s hard to stop their momentum
Yes that was my interpretation at the Carlsbad Cup. However, against say top Blues or Surf A I don’t think they have the offensive power to keep up I.e. match goal for goal.

Thus far it's gone the way it was suppose to be scripted.

Blues is still the top dog. Surf and Beach are knocking on the door of that top spot and Legends is just a hair behind.
As someone stated earlier, Slammers/Koge has some nice teams and players peppered in the system. In reality they are playing grandmaster chess, while other programs are playing high to low level chess. All roads lead back to Koge/Slammers at the moment. They don't really try until 11v11.

Lot's of clubs are chasing medals/trophies and photo ops for Instagram. That truly creates a buzz and I get it. Especially for 1st time parents.
The 2013 age group has some amazing players and as always, players that'll be late bloomers.

But some of these parents are nut cases. You do not want you DD peaking at age 9/10 years old.

So much change comes in the next 2-3 years.

Thus far it's gone the way it was suppose to be scripted.

Blues is still the top dog. Surf and Beach are knocking on the door of that top spot and Legends is just a hair behind.
As someone stated earlier, Slammers/Koge has some nice teams and players peppered in the system. In reality they are playing grandmaster chess, while other programs are playing high to low level chess. All roads lead back to Koge/Slammers at the moment. They don't really try until 11v11.

Lot's of clubs are chasing medals/trophies and photo ops for Instagram. That truly creates a buzz and I get it. Especially for 1st time parents.
The 2013 age group has some amazing players and as always, players that'll be late bloomers.

But some of these parents are nut cases. You do not want you DD peaking at age 9/10 years old.

So much change comes in the next 2-3 years.
One thing that changes the game is puberty and soccer awareness and decision making… 7 v 7 is almost unrecognizable to 11v11 as Futsal is to the game of soccer

Legends 1-0 with the win over blues in blues cup. Did not watch the game however did watch them for a few other games and they were able run up the score on a few games. Officiating was poor in a few games. Nonetheless, felt they were quite successful in being explosive from the back creating plenty of opportunities.

Legends coming out on top now imo. Second tournament in a row to come away with championship. This was at surf college cup. Legends for the state cup win?? This may lead to some major roster changes in the upcoming season.

Legends coming out on top now imo. Second tournament in a row to come away with championship. This was at surf college cup. Legends for the state cup win?? This may lead to some major roster changes in the upcoming season.

Yes, that 2013 legends team is incredibly talented. I’ve heard the top blues team is very frustrated and there may be a fair amount of movement there. Any other rising teams out there?

Beach coming out as a probable second top team now. Top blues lost to both legends and Beach. Surf lost to both legends and beach as well. I’m hearing the same thing on the top blues team and slammers may be a beneficiary of the movement. This is interesting as many have posted on this thread slammers end up being more of top team/club come around Ecnl/ecrl time. Will be interesting to see how things shake out as no one knows until it happens. Moreover, the trickle down effect is real and see how it impacts one club to another.

Beach coming out as a probable second top team now. Top blues lost to both legends and Beach. Surf lost to both legends and beach as well. I’m hearing the same thing on the top blues team and slammers may be a beneficiary of the movement. This is interesting as many have posted on this thread slammers end up being more of top team/club come around Ecnl/ecrl time. Will be interesting to see how things shake out as no one knows until it happens. Moreover, the trickle down effect is real and see how it impacts one club to another.

Yes I’ve heard rumors of the top two beach teams combining. Should be interesting fallout.

Yes, that 2013 legends team is incredibly talented. I’ve heard the top blues team is very frustrated and there may be a fair amount of movement there. Any other rising teams out there?

Several top teams are talking about playing up next season to begin 11v11. Legends included.
I'm told ECNL may roll out an official "Pre-ECNL" league to combat this trend. the 2013 age group has a lot of talent, but there is 3-5 super teams that have basically merged together. I'm hearing the Pre-ECNL league/teams will only be playing ECNL clubs top designated Pre-ECNL teams. Thus trying to bring a competitive back. Some of these high end teams are smashing other F1's in league, consistently. So for a few teams, 90% of league play is somewhat a waste of time. If this happens, the SoCal Soccer league will be diluted.

Things I'm hearing:

*Mind you, this is before the official recruiting period. Even though backdoor deals are already done. After state cup. All bets are off.

Legends FC:
Is currently clicking and might be the new top dog at the moment. State Cup will reveal that one way or another. They have had a couple of new high end pieces come out to practice recently. The team has a lot of alpha personalities (parents/coaches). I do think they strengthen the roster and will continue to thrive. They also have the Legends Black team that is also very formidable and peppered with great players and a few under the radar players.
The Legends 2013 stable of players is in a great place. They are the only viable option in the IE, since Sporting is a complete mess. It's a huge advantage, since OC teams are basically fighting for the same pool of players.

Blues:
All I'm seeing and hearing is there will be a mass exodus. And the Rennie team will be dissolving. Slammers being the main benefactor. I'm also told Legends may capture a few players.

Slammers/Koge:
Koge usually plucks players the year players begin ECNL. This time around, it appears they're doing it a year early. Blues players already have there bags packed I'm told, along with a couple of Beach players (Possibly). PA has been in full recruiter mode since November.

Beach:
All I'm told is they'll be merging the Souza/Ayala team. I know a few players will likely pivot to other clubs.

Take all this with the grain of salt. 80-90% of what you hear, never actually comes to fruition.

Several top teams are talking about playing up next season to begin 11v11. Legends included.
I'm told ECNL may roll out an official "Pre-ECNL" league to combat this trend. the 2013 age group has a lot of talent, but there is 3-5 super teams that have basically merged together. I'm hearing the Pre-ECNL league/teams will only be playing ECNL clubs top designated Pre-ECNL teams. Thus trying to bring a competitive back. Some of these high end teams are smashing other F1's in league, consistently. So for a few teams, 90% of league play is somewhat a waste of time. If this happens, the SoCal Soccer league will be diluted.

Things I'm hearing:

*Mind you, this is before the official recruiting period. Even though backdoor deals are already done. After state cup. All bets are off.

Legends FC:
Is currently clicking and might be the new top dog at the moment. State Cup will reveal that one way or another. They have had a couple of new high end pieces come out to practice recently. The team has a lot of alpha personalities (parents/coaches). I do think they strengthen the roster and will continue to thrive. They also have the Legends Black team that is also very formidable and peppered with great players and a few under the radar players.
The Legends 2013 stable of players is in a great place. They are the only viable option in the IE, since Sporting is a complete mess. It's a huge advantage, since OC teams are basically fighting for the same pool of players.

Blues:
All I'm seeing and hearing is there will be a mass exodus. And the Rennie team will be dissolving. Slammers being the main benefactor. I'm also told Legends may capture a few players.

Slammers/Koge:
Koge usually plucks players the year players begin ECNL. This time around, it appears they're doing it a year early. Blues players already have there bags packed I'm told, along with a couple of Beach players (Possibly). PA has been in full recruiter mode since November.

Beach:
All I'm told is they'll be merging the Souza/Ayala team. I know a few players will likely pivot to other clubs.

Take all this with the grain of salt. 80-90% of what you hear, never actually comes to fruition.

Essentially all the top 2012 teams played up in 2011 F1 this past season

You will almost certainly see all the top 2013 teams this summer play 11v11 in 2012 brackets .

Also , a trend I’m noticing is that the big tournaments had exclusive 11v11 brackets for these top end 2012 teams ( this past summer Surf cup being an example, College cup , and Vegas this weekend

I’d say for the elite of the elite 2013 teams , the upcoming State Cup will be the final time they play 9v9

Does anyone know if those pre-Ecnl league possibility is just pre-Ecnl or pre-Ecnl rl as well? I have seen a few of the clubs advertise as pre-Ecnl and pre-Ecnl rl tryouts.

Does anyone know if those pre-Ecnl league possibility is just pre-Ecnl or pre-Ecnl rl as well? I have seen a few of the clubs advertise as pre-Ecnl and pre-Ecnl rl tryouts.
Both Pre-ECNL and Pre-ECRL are marketing terms in Socal. Pre-ECNL is actually a league in other parts of the US.

There's only Pre-ECNL in places that it actually exists. It wouldn't make sense to do a Pre-ECRL because it would be too difficult to get B teams together week after week to play each other.

Both Pre-ECNL and Pre-ECRL are marketing terms in Socal. Pre-ECNL is actually a league in other parts of the US.

There's only Pre-ECNL in places that it actually exists. It wouldn't make sense to do a Pre-ECRL because it would be too difficult to get B teams together week after week to play each other.
I should have been a little more clear. I assumed you were talking about Girls Pre-ECNL (which doesn't currently exist).

Boys Pre-ECNL does exist in Socal.

Boys Pre-ECRL does not exist for the same reason as girls.

Back