2021 Surf Cup

Easier to predict now, but I predict a MVLA v Surf finals.
Beach v city and ole v Liverpool in the other brackets.
Who comes out on top?
regardless of who wins, all three games today will be incredible. might be the best games of the year.

This is the kind of post that you will look at in a few years when the girls get older and close to aging out that you will regret in hindsight. Or at least one could hope that's the case.

Even if this is all from a non bias source and not directly from you, still takes a "special" kind of human being to forward on those words trashing a bunch of kids.

I'm certainly not a Blues "fan" for a multitude of reasons, but the kids and families over there are more like us than different. Those kids are part of a long term path that isn't all sunshine and roses. One of the reasons they're one of the most competitive and successful programs in the country is they make no qualms about the target on their back and they put themselves in situations where the rewards are high but so are the risks. For a player in that environment to be successful they need to be supported to fail and learn.

Certainly players learn through mistakes in training, both as a team and individuals, but this also applies to in game learning as well. Everything you mentioned are things a player will fail at, and learn from and be better for. Kudos to @Bri’s-DAD for taking the high road and being able to see the importance of "perspective", if he continues to do so, his DD will continue to enjoy the game and have a long future ahead of her knowing she can "breathe" and not be afraid to fail or make mistakes.
Classier response than I had in mind.
All I could come up with is 'what a f'ing douche! get a life!'

There were some really good games, a lot of PK shootouts too. Olé did what they were supposed to do in the division that they were placed, I do think that they would’ve competed in either one of the two above divisions.

Looks like G2010 Solar is the real deal. I thought MVLA would take the trophy again this year. Congrats to the Solar girls, and to Surf for an admirable run.
anybody noticed that MVLA doesn't even have full time goalie yet ?

Back