2007 DA

Has anyone heard where the MLS tournaments will be held? December, May, & June?
Thanks!
Nothing official other than definitively not in same previous locations. Most rumors are Fl in November, Indy in May and Oceanside in June.
All of which would make perfect sense with the weather so I suspect none of that to be true.
I predict Bangor, Maine in November, Dubai in May and Palm Springs in June. . Good luck!

Nothing official other than definitively not in same previous locations. Most rumors are Fl in November, Indy in May and Oceanside in June.
All of which would make perfect sense with the weather so I suspect none of that to be true.
I predict Bangor, Maine in November, Dubai in May and Palm Springs in June. . Good luck!
Early December confirmed Phoenix, Arizona.

Yes to Phoenix. There are two facilities there. I believe the GA Qualifiers will happen at the Reach 11 facility. GA Cup will be back at IMG and I believe the ADs have a call next week. There they will confirm the Flex event (May) location and playoffs.

MLS Next Fest - Reach 11 Sports Complex; Phoenix, Arizona December 5-10
MLS Next Flex - Boyd’s, Maryland May 10-14
MLS CUP Playoffs - Location TBD June 15-23

Stupid to be starting on a Tuesday for Fest. I guess school is not a factor when scheduling.
Same for June. Kids are still in school, finals, and graduation.

Does anyone know the days/ages for Phoenix? Wanting to make reservations since many places are already booked . THANKS

It's never about the kids, at least not the ones who aren't doing online school via a MLS Academy. Asking high school juniors and seniors to miss a week of school the week before finals is a joke. They also scheduled FLEX right in the middle of AP tests this year.

Tip for parents with freshman and sophomore boys. This event is great in that you get to play clubs from across the country, but you won't have college scouts at your games. Tips for parents of juniors and seniors. Most college coaches will be at the first two games and take off after that to get back to campus or go to the College Cup.

It's really BS though because these boys need to be seen by coaches, but have to risk their academics to do so. No reason the older boys can't play Dec 3, 4, 6 or even 7, 8, 10. Enough fields in PHX to host everyone playing at the same time.

Final rant, not sure why this event never made it to Great Park. Reach 11 is great, but is a short drive for four clubs whereas Great Park would be a short drive for 15 clubs.

I think most would agree. Kids will have to choose between testing and school. Then for June, graduation or soccer. Shouldn’t have to be this way. MLS clearly doesn’t care and know most MLS team players are not enrolled in full time schools.

Any word on where the playoffs will be held?

Thanks!

It's never about the kids, at least not the ones who aren't doing online school via a MLS Academy. Asking high school juniors and seniors to miss a week of school the week before finals is a joke. They also scheduled FLEX right in the middle of AP tests this year.

Tip for parents with freshman and sophomore boys. This event is great in that you get to play clubs from across the country, but you won't have college scouts at your games. Tips for parents of juniors and seniors. Most college coaches will be at the first two games and take off after that to get back to campus or go to the College Cup.

It's really BS though because these boys need to be seen by coaches, but have to risk their academics to do so. No reason the older boys can't play Dec 3, 4, 6 or even 7, 8, 10. Enough fields in PHX to host everyone playing at the same time.

Final rant, not sure why this event never made it to Great Park. Reach 11 is great, but is a short drive for four clubs whereas Great Park would be a short drive for 15 clubs.
And then the MLS Next is so arrogant, it thinks its BS letter touting what a great program it has (with Olympic and World Cup opportunities) will excuse your child from a week of school. Most schools in SoCal just scoff at the letter. Glad my son is done with DA/MLS Next and enjoying high school sports.

Love how the MLS schedules most u17 games late in the evening when most college scouts are gone. Last year in California, there were 50-100 at certain games. These games were all before 2 pm. Last night, not even half of that at most. Many that I have spoken with said getting there by 8 am and having to stay until after 9 was a bit much. Most important year for this age. And to top that off, any NON MLS team playing at this time was at a loss since most were watching MLS games. Another great decision made by MLS.

Back