1st Year Girls ECNL questions

WillJohn

SILVER ELITE
What clubs do the LAFC Slammers usually pull from? And Slammers FC? Do all the CDA Slammers (HB, Cerritos, Whittier, etc) usually go to LAFC Slammers ECNL and Slammers FC and South Slammers usually go to Slammers FC ECNL?

And where do all the Striker ECNL teams come from? I don’t see any Flight 1 teams in the youngers for that club. There is a lot of talent in that general area of Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, and Irvine though.

What clubs do the LAFC Slammers usually pull from? And Slammers FC? Do all the CDA Slammers (HB, Cerritos, Whittier, etc) usually go to LAFC Slammers ECNL and Slammers FC and South Slammers usually go to Slammers FC ECNL?

And where do all the Striker ECNL teams come from? I don’t see any Flight 1 teams in the youngers for that club. There is a lot of talent in that general area of Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, and Irvine though.
Outside of the top 4 largest clubs, the rest of the ECNL teams will need to recruit players from other clubs or players that didn’t make the cut on the top ECNL teams. Strikers Irvine has a flight 1 team playing in the flight 2 bracket. There’s a handful of mid to low end flight 1 teams playing down this spring.
The question for some parents is do they want their child in an elite ECNL team but on the bench or play at a lower level ECNL team as a starter. In my experience kids just need to play to feel good. If they don’t play the fear and doubt begin to take over.

There is no clear path to any team. The top 2 Slammers teams often feed into LAFC (top ECNL team) and Slammers (2nd ECNL team). Other than that, it is a free for all with players from a variety of clubs and areas recruited. Players in Slammers affiliates don’t have priority.

Completely agree with above comment...know the goals of your child and what you are getting into. Make sure they will really get the play time they need and promises aren’t being made that likely won’t be met. Elite teams/clubs often recruit constantly and have limited commitment to current players and individual development. Not always, but it is extremely common. Feeling good about the coach and their real, demonstrated commitment to your child should be #1 priority especially at this age.

Outside of the top 4 largest clubs, the rest of the ECNL teams will need to recruit players from other clubs or players that didn’t make the cut on the top ECNL teams. Strikers Irvine has a flight 1 team playing in the flight 2 bracket. There’s a handful of mid to low end flight 1 teams playing down this spring.
The question for some parents is do they want their child in an elite ECNL team but on the bench or play at a lower level ECNL team as a starter. In my experience kids just need to play to feel good. If they don’t play the fear and doubt begin to take over.

Thanks. Good info and things to consider. Who are the top 4 largest clubs? Blues, LAFC Slammers, Surf and ? And Legends and Beach are joining the mix next year as well?

Couldn’t agree more with the playing time comments. Have seen lots of kids burnout and/or quit who were slotted as players 14-18 on “elite” ECNL teams like Surf/Blues. Playing time is critical to both enjoyment and development for these girls. Take your kid to a “2nd tier” ECNL club where she is valued by her coach, can start, and play the majority of the game or you risk her being done playing before she even gets to high school.

Is there a consolidated standings for ECNL? In the conference standings teams have designations next to them - champions league, showcase A/B, North American cup, nothing. Is there an easy place to see who is falling into each one of those post season groupings?

Is there a consolidated standings for ECNL? In the conference standings teams have designations next to them - champions league, showcase A/B, North American cup, nothing. Is there an easy place to see who is falling into each one of those post season groupings?
I think they should just have an open tournament for any team willing to travel to FL and go for the championship. Its been so unfair, they should just toss the results and start fresh next season.

The ECNL mobile app has Postseason standings. I haven't been able to find anything on the website.

My question stemmed from that it was easy to see the standings for the DA - each conference/division and also the playoffs and the cutoff line. I was just curious as this year has been a crapshoot for CA teams.

agreed on both the DA site and the season being a total crapshoot for Cali teams....... huge periods off.....months and months.... and then straight into games.....then more time off then straight into games.....schedule being reduced all the time......teams playing different schedules and number of games......Florida should just be a showcase for everyone and leave the natty's for the upcoming season.......my kid is stressed enough I can not wait for a normal and full 21//22 season......

Back