Women's CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying

As I remember it, the DA's method was to recruit the best players to place on teams that played in a closed system. Is that how ECNL works?

That's a genuine question. I had some exposure to the early days of DA (my sons were the objects of local DA recruiters), when it was rising with the prediction of producing world-class players so we could win the World Cup in 2022 or so. My only exposure to ECNL is what people post here.
ECNL initially poached prior to DA. DA was a combination of poaching, players with in aclub with DA and those from the outside.

You are using the word "development" as if it were an established program different from the typical local pay-to-play club method of lines, laps, and lectures. Am I mistaken?
Some clubs actually developed players. But then there are those you are referring to. I will quote Crazy Larry from a conversation with a friend while he was poaching 30 miles from his home base at a club that developed players (Prior to DA). BTW I was sitting there while the converastion took place. It went kinda like this...
CL--Hi, whose that girl?
Parent-Who are you?
CL--I am a coach looking to recruit for players.
Parent--What are you recrutining for?
CL--ECNL.
Parent-Wait what club are you from?
CL-Blues.
Parent--What? Why are you driving to the South Bay?
CL--This club has great players.

My brief time with Crazy Larry and I was not eavesdropping on someone else's convo. This was directly from the horses mouth to me.

CL: Hey Crush, I heard you had a fall out with one of the liars that coach youth soccer and you said, "no mas."
Crush: Ya man, I can't take the BS, the lies, pay to play, pay & stay and pay for privates to guarantee play time and all the division in this sport. Why on earth would you & your partner allow that clown over here? The guy has nothing good to say about you, your partner or the two bros who scream at girls all day.
CL: Well, I was not________________________________________________________________________________!
Crush: I'm done Crazy Larry. The GDA won't allow for kids to play public high school soccer and my daughter wants to do both. So we will just play HS Soccer. Can't a scout recruit HS only players?
CL: I got good news. I went to a meeting and it looks like the GDA will allow for HS Soccer next season
Crush: Are you sure
CL: Yes. Look Crush. I love your dd. She can ball and it's not good to not play year around. She will fall behind. I sure could use some extra fire power. We need to win 8 in a row to make the playoffs.
Crush: I'm not interested but I will talk with my dd
CL: OK. Have her call me if she has some Q
Crush: Will do
Crush tells dd.
Crush calls crazy Larry: DD is not interested in taking play time away from the other players and cause disruptions mid season so it's a no
CL: I will have her come off the bench and not play forward. I don't want to piss off parents either. She can learn some new positions and I promise she can play HS Soccer
Crush/DD: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CL: See you at practice
After going 9-1 and making the last spot to qualify for playoffs, the rumor was 100% no HS Soccer and GDA for public school kids
Crush: Lares, WTF, you said she could do both next season
CL: I'm sorry man, they lied to us.
Crush: Were out coach. Spoke to my child and it;s a big fat no. We already took play minutes away from others, their not happy and since were a 100% no for next season, no reason to chase a natty knowing were not coming back. Good luck in the playoffs
CL: OK, sorry about all this. I don't agree with what the GDA is doing but my hands are tied.

The end. I then decided to come on socal soccer forum to ask the experts why this happened. MAPS was the only one who told the truth. I got assigned a fact checker and asshat trolls who actually made fun of me and my dd. 5 years latter and the GDA is no more and all we got is a big fat mess. Hopefully coach Matt from England can fix the youth sport. England is all about Pro, not college. I'm interested to see how he deals with the college play in America.

Tough loss today for our U20 women vs Mexico 2-1 today in the finals. I did not watch this game, just saw some high lights. We look liked we dominated but soccer can be cruel.

Back