Who's playing Vegas Cup?

Hired Gun

SILVER ELITE
Strange year with all the changes. Also no Legends Tourney to compete with.

Don't expect great service from Vegas Cup.
Fields are great. Refs are great. Competition is great. But people running the show are fools.

Don't expect great service from Vegas Cup.
Fields are great. Refs are great. Competition is great. But people running the show are fools.
They changed who was running it this year. He left the club. Maybe it will be different. Who knows o_O

They changed who was running it this year. He left the club. Maybe it will be different. Who knows o_O
They made a change last year also. They used to have a 3rd party running the hotels. That guy was a nightmare to deal with. They brought the hotel portion in-house last year and had all kinds of issues.
Long story on a hotel issue we had, but they refused to try and help and I had to stalk them just to get a return call or email.
We are skipping this year.

They made a change last year also. They used to have a 3rd party running the hotels. That guy was a nightmare to deal with. They brought the hotel portion in-house last year and had all kinds of issues.
Long story on a hotel issue we had, but they refused to try and help and I had to stalk them just to get a return call or email.
We are skipping this year.
I believe West Coast and Strikers are in. Not sure about Cerritos Slammers, Rangers?

What's so special about Las Vegas Cup?
You all just decided to drive way out there to play eachother?
Probably the best experience the players have during their youth soccer career. Actually get to play best Texas teams, Colorado, Washington, Nevada and Hawaii Clubs. Similar to Surf Cup but under the lights and play more out of state teams. Most parents enjoy it too. Should go at least once. This, Dallas Cup and Surf Cup have great competition.

Probably the best experience the players have during their youth soccer career. Actually get to play best Texas teams, Colorado, Washington, Nevada and Hawaii Clubs. Similar to Surf Cup but under the lights and play more out of state teams. Most parents enjoy it too. Should go at least once. This, Dallas Cup and Surf Cup have great competition.
Is this through qualification or invitation? I know most parents on our team can't afford to partake just for the experience.

That I know of the best players are here in SoCal. I mean what's the point of winning medals out there having to come home and getting our butts kicked across the street the following week?

Just saying sounds too uppity for me.

Is this through qualification or invitation? I know most parents on our team can't afford to partake just for the experience.

That I know of the best players are here in SoCal. I mean what's the point of winning medals out there having to come home and getting our butts kicked across the street the following week?

Apply and get seated, if you're getting your butts kicked here I'm guessing you are in the second bracket, not sure what you're talking about?? medals, many of the best of SoCal and Texas are there. Texas can kick many butts locally.... Not really an uppity tournament. If you can't afford to get a hotel etc. don't go. Great tourney to match up against other great out of state teams... I think you are confused this is not a tourney where 90 percent are Vegas Teams this tourney draws from all over and the competition is very good and are playing teams you normally don't play. I'm not a rep for this tourney just a parent locally. If we just played the SoCal local teams I wouldn't go. Hope that clarifies things for you. Kind a mini vacation as well during the holiday weekend.

Sounds like you've never attended a Vegas Cup or Players Showcase. It much more than SoCal teams. Here is last year's team list for Players Showcase.
https://events.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.aspx?eventid=45467

For the record Vegas tournaments are probably the least expensive especially with an overabundance of hotel space. It's fun for both player and parent.

There are multiple levels...e.g. Bronze if that's the team level. We've always played gold. I look forward to playing Texas , Hawaii, or Colorado.

This will be our 4th Vegas Cup in a row for our team and it is one of the tournaments both the kids and parents look forward to. All the fields are top notch and as mentioned in other posts, the competition is great. My dds love getting to play against teams from other states since we usually see the same teams at home on a regular basis. I think this tournament is extremely close to Surf Cup in terms of competition and you don't have to pay $10 a day for parking in a mud parking lot.

How did an '05 team (A very talented '05 team) get a spot in the top '04 flight? I see a team or 2 in the lower division that deserve that spot a little more.

Back