West Coast Classic

Long day for those advancing!!!

Congrats to the teams that made it to the finals!!!

Slammers Maroon squeaks by Legends FC Academy 98 & RSC Composite
West Coast Composite dominates group going 3-0-0 while the other three teams all go 0-1-2 (2 draws)
Eagles ECNL 99 wins group, including a 3-1 over Blues Composite to advance
Slammers EGSL also advances to the semis going 3-0-0

In the lower brackets, congrats to the semifinalists too!

B bracket

TVSC vs Total Futbol Aca
SD Black vs Beach Gold

C bracket

Arsenal Saldana vs Strikers 99 Thomas
Sand and Surf vs BYSC Corona United g98

D bracket

Albion OC 2000's vs NHB 99
Rebels 99 vs Arsenal SD 99

The website has the following:

Top flight:
Slammers Maroon 1 Slammers EGSL 0

B flight:
TVSC 2 Beach FC 0

C flight:
BYSC Corona United 3 Arsenal FC Saldana 2

D flight:
Albion OC 2000 2 Rebels SC 0

I was very surprised to see BYSC placed in the third flight. I would think that because this tournament uses Gotsoccer software, they would have taken the top ranked teams and placed them in the top flight automatically. Nice to see BYSC score 18 goals with a GD of +10!!!

Was the FRAM G98 team the same that will be playing premier this year?

The website has the following:

Top flight:
Slammers Maroon 1 Slammers EGSL 0

B flight:
TVSC 2 Beach FC 0

C flight:
BYSC Corona United 3 Arsenal FC Saldana 2

D flight:
Albion OC 2000 2 Rebels SC 0

I was very surprised to see BYSC placed in the third flight. I would think that because this tournament uses Gotsoccer software, they would have taken the top ranked teams and placed them in the top flight automatically. Nice to see BYSC score 18 goals with a GD of +10!!!

Was the FRAM G98 team the same that will be playing premier this year?
Yes!

B flight:
TVSC 2 Beach FC 0

That Beach FC Gold team is my DD's new '99 team.

Fun tournament...tough competition!
We were very happy to make the finals, but 3 matches on 1 day in the heat took its toll on our girls.

*****Rules question for those that know better than I....(everyone?) ... 2 of our girls foul 1 opponent at the same time 10 feet outside the box, no cards, just going for the stop. The ref awards a penalty kick...HUH??....is that even a rule?? Oh well, it turned our win into a tie and we advanced anyway.

Made the finals @7:45 and got schooled by the Hawks.
Somehow, they looked fresh and fast, we were beat down to 1 sub and had trouble keeping up with them.

B flight:
TVSC 2 Beach FC 0

That Beach FC Gold team is my DD's new '99 team.

Fun tournament...tough competition!
We were very happy to make the finals, but 3 matches on 1 day in the heat took its toll on our girls.

*****Rules question for those that know better than I....(everyone?) ... 2 of our girls foul 1 opponent at the same time 10 feet outside the box, no cards, just going for the stop. The ref awards a penalty kick...HUH??....is that even a rule?? Oh well, it turned our win into a tie and we advanced anyway.

Made the finals @7:45 and got schooled by the Hawks.
Somehow, they looked fresh and fast, we were beat down to 1 sub and had trouble keeping up with them.

Only thing I can think of is the referee thought the foul occurred inside the box.

Back