Video from Players Showcase

etc1217

SILVER ELITE
Did anyone purchase videos of their games at Players Showcase? Well, I did and I am quite disappointed in the quality of the videos. I purchased two games and both had issues. But the biggest issue is that I can't watch them because I am getting motion sickness. The videos are so jerky and when it pans it moves so fast that it missed some of the plays then jerks back to where the ball is. This is the first time I have had a video made by the vendor Players used. I have used others and haven't had this issue.
I just want to know if anyone had the same issue or is it just me.

The company was very unorganized. We wanted to film 2 teams. They canceled on us at 5:00pm Thurs because they couldn't get permit for Henderson fields so we decided not to go forward. They ended it up recording one team, and asked us to pay. Well, I'm going to say no for now based on your experience.

Did anyone purchase videos of their games at Players Showcase? Well, I did and I am quite disappointed in the quality of the videos. I purchased two games and both had issues. But the biggest issue is that I can't watch them because I am getting motion sickness. The videos are so jerky and when it pans it moves so fast that it missed some of the plays then jerks back to where the ball is. This is the first time I have had a video made by the vendor Players used. I have used others and haven't had this issue.

Haven't received the links yet, keep in mind some of those games were really windy and would cause the camera to have motion. We've used them for 5-6 years now and never had an issue, hoping we don't this year either.

Haven't received the links yet, keep in mind some of those games were really windy and would cause the camera to have motion. We've used them for 5-6 years now and never had an issue, hoping we don't this year either.

I did account for the wind but still the way this individual videoed the game going wide/close and then panning so fast back and forth. Just inconsistent movement on the camera, there was nothing smooth about. Anyway, please let me know if you have any issues with your video once you get it. I would like to know if maybe mine was just a fluke.

I still want to call it videotaping. Shows my age.

It’s hard. I’ve been doing it for my kids team(s) for about 3 years now and its still tough at times. I tend to get caught up in the games and zoom in so I can see the action before remembering what I’m doing.
The wind is the worst to account for. Oddly enough, moving the camera (pan/tilt) tends to calm the rocking down when a gust catches it.

Most applications (and YouTube as well) have a “fix shaky video” option. You do tend to lose some resolution but on a really windy day, it helps. If you have the file itself, you can try uploading to YouTube and choosing it under advanced features.

I would talk to the company that taped (there I go again) the game and see if they can smooth it out post production. If nothing else, let them know the operator needs some lessons. In my case, I’ve watched every game I’ve filmed for rendering purposes and learned from them.

I still want to call it videotaping. Shows my age.

It’s hard. I’ve been doing it for my kids team(s) for about 3 years now and its still tough at times. I tend to get caught up in the games and zoom in so I can see the action before remembering what I’m doing.
The wind is the worst to account for. Oddly enough, moving the camera (pan/tilt) tends to calm the rocking down when a gust catches it.

Most applications (and YouTube as well) have a “fix shaky video” option. You do tend to lose some resolution but on a really windy day, it helps. If you have the file itself, you can try uploading to YouTube and choosing it under advanced features.

I would talk to the company that taped (there I go again) the game and see if they can smooth it out post production. If nothing else, let them know the operator needs some lessons. In my case, I’ve watched every game I’ve filmed for rendering purposes and learned from them.

Thanks for the tip, may have to look into the advanced features on YouTube. But I'm definitely calling the company.

just finished watching the last video from LV, all were as good as prior. I'm guessing the person that did your filming might be new, send Conrado an email with the times in the video where it was not able to be viewed, if there's enough I'm sure he will credit or re-film additional games. bummer...

Back