Vegas Cup

06southgirl

BRONZE
has anyone seen an applied teams list to Vegas Cup. Just curious which teams are going ?

Dallas Texans 06 South will be there.

Anyone want to predict bracket winners?
After reviewing the teams I'd have to say the front runners in each bracket will make it to the next round.
Bracket A Dallas Texans
Bracket B Dallas Sting
Bracket C Anaheim Surf
Bracket D Eagles
Bracket E So Cal Blues

The real question is who will be the wild cards. Some of these brackets have at least two teams who can play for one of those positions.

Wild Card teams...
1. Bracket B: Surf Hawaii-believe they will not overcome Dallas Sting but can win out their other two games.
2. Bracket A: LA Galaxy OC-if they don't tie Blues (Holley) they can also qualify.
3. Bracket D: OC Strikers-similar scenario to Surf Hawaii. Close game with Eagles and lose out on goal differential. Will come up second and win their other two bracket games.

Feel Bracket C & E do not produce a wild card team because three of those teams will be battle out and not accumulate enough points.

Looking for a guest player for San Diego Soccer Club 2006 team this weekend in Vegas Cup (bracket C in Flight 1 see link below for schedule). Hasn't worked out with any of the guest players on gotsoccer so figured I would check here just in case. We have 10 of out 11 going but would really like to find one extra player. If anyone is interested send me a message through here ASAP. Thanks

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=52876&GroupID=533783&Gender=Girls&Age=11

Here's my homer picks:

Bracket Winners:
A DALLAS TEXANS 06G SOUTH (TXN)
B DALLAS STING STING DALLAS BLACK 06 (TXN)
C ANAHEIM SURF G06 EGSL-WHITFIELD (CAS)
D STRIKERS FC OC EGSL 2006 (CAS)
E SC BLUES RENNIE/MULLIGAN 2006 (CAS)

Wildcards 1-3
B SURF SC HAWAII SURF HAWAII 06G ACADEMY (HI)
A SOCAL BLUES 2006 HOLLEY (CAS)
C STING DALLAS GUZMAN 06 (TXN)

After reviewing the teams I'd have to say the front runners in each bracket will make it to the next round.
Bracket A Dallas Texans
Bracket B Dallas Sting
Bracket C Anaheim Surf
Bracket D Eagles
Bracket E So Cal Blues

The real question is who will be the wild cards. Some of these brackets have at least two teams who can play for one of those positions.

These picks including wild cards below were remarkably accurate except for Bracket D where FC Golden State came out. Galaxy and Blues Holley tied (as was mentioned by lastman) allowing SC Del Sol the third wild card.

These picks including wild cards below were remarkably accurate except for Bracket D where FC Golden State came out. Galaxy and Blues Holley tied (as was mentioned by lastman) allowing SC Del Sol the third wild card.

FC Golden State V Blues may have been the best game I've seen all season. Hopefully the parents on the other sidelines enjoyed it as much as we did. Both teams were bringing it! Seemed fitting that it would come down to PK's in a 1-1 tie

Last edited:
Back