Vegas Cup 2017

2017 vegas cup final
Del sol ecnl 2
Lvpsa 1

Thought we outplayed them. ..but their forward #12 was hard to contain. ..she won them the game

No skin in the game (DD played in SE level in tourney), I wanted to watch what the higher level soccer looked like.. to say the least, I was impressed with the 4 teams I observed. All teams were faster, and more physical. I saw two halves of two seperate WCFC games (v. LV and DEL SOL); and two halves of two LV games (v. WCFC and Dallas Texans); the LV v. Texas game went into PK, a very hard faught/physical game. Difficult to have a team lose.. From a pure soccer standpoint, WCFC style of play was more possession oriented, and they did out possess both team estimated around 75/25, and really saw no shots against them. LV was more direct kick, Del Sol wanted to feed their big striker but had a balance of both passing game and direct game; Texans effort was tremendous, but lacked finishing when needed. From game time I saw, later, I was suprised to see both the Texans lose to LV and WCFC lose to Del Sol, but i guess that's why they call it soccer!

Dont know if accurate, but heard WCFC gave up only 1 shot against the AZ team, but like you said, that's why they call it soccer! Congrats to both LV and Del Sol for making the end of a long tourney...

No skin in the game (DD played in SE level in tourney), I wanted to watch what the higher level soccer looked like.. to say the least, I was impressed with the 4 teams I observed. All teams were faster, and more physical. I saw two halves of two seperate WCFC games (v. LV and DEL SOL); and two halves of two LV games (v. WCFC and Dallas Texans); the LV v. Texas game went into PK, a very hard faught/physical game. Difficult to have a team lose.. From a pure soccer standpoint, WCFC style of play was more possession oriented, and they did out possess both team estimated around 75/25, and really saw no shots against them. LV was more direct kick, Del Sol wanted to feed their big striker but had a balance of both passing game and direct game; Texans effort was tremendous, but lacked finishing when needed. From game time I saw, later, I was suprised to see both the Texans lose to LV and WCFC lose to Del Sol, but i guess that's why they call it soccer!

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Back