VAR thoughts?

Juggling

BRONZE
I am curious to know what refs think of VAR. It seems like a step in the right direction to help refs make correct calls, but of course, using this is new and will likely need some fine tuning. It seems like sometimes it wasn't used when maybe it should have been, and other times, the decision reached wasn't what I had expected. For example, I was really surprised that the ref decided to give yellow after the elbow to jaw in the Chili Germany game, but at least he did that.

I am curious to know what refs think of VAR. It seems like a step in the right direction to help refs make correct calls, but of course, using this is new and will likely need some fine tuning. It seems like sometimes it wasn't used when maybe it should have been, and other times, the decision reached wasn't what I had expected. For example, I was really surprised that the ref decided to give yellow after the elbow to jaw in the Chili Germany game, but at least he did that.
It was an interesting call. Not that it technically should have been a factor, but it seemed the recipient of the elbow overreacted to a glancing blow. It seemed intentional but the sideswipe and the (IMO) overreaction, may have led the referee to believe it did not warrant an ejection.

Back