USWNT

Some sort of religious thing?
Huh? I am very patriotic but that is not my religion. Basic flag etiquette, anyone can look it up and if you are going to a foreign land to represent our Country it would be helpful to review .

Last edited:
US Women helping to make woman's soccer a global phenomenon according to the NYPOST:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/07/womens-soccer-is-now-a-global-phenomenon-thanks-to-the-us-team/

“They’re just watching soccer.”
It doesn’t matter -an American should never let the flag touch the ground for any reason. I think they forgot they were there as representatives of the United States. That’s the flag they have on the jersey and that’s who paid the bills for them to get there. It is an honor to be selected to play for this Country. If you don’t respect this Country and the citizens of this Country then don’t use this opportunity for your own self grandizement.

It could also be that they just didn’t know the etiquette, the same way you don’t know that the word is aggrandizement and not “grandizement”.
Why is calling people’s patriotism into question such a popular weapon? It’s so dishonest.

It could also be that they just didn’t know the etiquette, the same way you don’t know that the word is aggrandizement and not “grandizement”..
You are correct- I apologize sincerely for my spelling error. Where is that autocorrect? Will they apologize for their error or do they just not care? What MR may not remember is that she wasn’t representing Trump, she was representing all of us.

No photoshop here --

65989376_3449936711683949_6066986165704065024_n.jpg

You are correct- I apologize sincerely for my spelling error. Where is that autocorrect? Will they apologize for their error or do they just not care? What MR may not remember is that she wasn’t representing Trump, she was representing all of us.

Well, technically, she was representing USSF, which is another story altogether.

It's clear to me Allie Long just had a brain fart. Caught up in the moment. She should know better -- but anyone saying anything more about it being intentional etc is angling for click-bait. US teams for any sport are always reminded of flag etiquette so I don't buy that she didn't know. She just didn't think. If you're going to choose to handle the flag, you need to be careful with it. Social media will not let you get away with any mistake.

I expect she will write an apology, say she just got caught up in the moment, and learned a good lesson. The media should then move on and let her enjoy the victory.

It's clear to me Allie Long just had a brain fart. Caught up in the moment. She should know better -- but anyone saying anything more about it being intentional etc is angling for click-bait. US teams for any sport are always reminded of flag etiquette so I don't buy that she didn't know. She just didn't think. If you're going to choose to handle the flag, you need to be careful with it. Social media will not let you get away with any mistake.

I expect she will write an apology, say she just got caught up in the moment, and learned a good lesson. The media should then move on and let her enjoy the victory.

'Need to be"?

I will assume you are trying to support PlaytheGame (or whatever Abdul calls himself this time around) in his campaign of incivility and/or dishonesty (pick one - or both) whenever someone points out what a 3-time-all-conference boor he has become. Good luck with that.
E, I have always questioned you. And I recall your battles with JAP. I was also remarking about your comment to RF’s post.

E, I have always questioned you. And I recall your battles with JAP. I was also remarking about your comment to RF’s post.

"Battles with JaP"? I responded to threads in which JaP was acting like a bully and telling lies about people. Shouldn't I have responded there? Or just put my head down and bleated "Yes, sir"?

"Battles with JaP"? I responded to threads in which JaP was acting like a bully and telling lies about people. Shouldn't I have responded there? Or just put my head down and bleated "Yes, sir"?
Again, your going in a direction that just circles and spirals.

Will they apologize for their error or do they just not care? What MR may not remember is that she wasn’t representing Trump, she was representing all of us.

If you don’t respect this Country and the citizens of this Country then don’t use this opportunity for your own self grandizement.

You turned an honest mistake, a “brain fart,” into this. I understand the etiquette, however, I don’t recall ever being formally taught that etiquette. I asked my 15 year old dd’s and they have never been taught that etiquette. I’m sure it’s second nature to a lot of families (e.g. military, government, law enforcement, etc.), but it can’t be taken for granted in large urban cities.

You turned an honest mistake, a “brain fart,” into this. I understand the etiquette, however, I don’t recall ever being formally taught that etiquette. I asked my 15 year old dd’s and they have never been taught that etiquette. I’m sure it’s second nature to a lot of families (e.g. military, government, law enforcement, etc.), but it can’t be taken for granted in large urban cities.

I learned the rudiments of it in Boy Scouts. In the Navy, they had a lot more rules which grew out of traditions harking back to the days of wooden ships and iron men. The actual US Code on flag behavior has a lot of "shoulds" in it, and no penalty cited for not doing what one "should". To my critical eye, the most ignored section is letter i, although j comes pretty close.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

Back