USWNT

I did not know that. In fact, that is the exact opposite of what I have been told over the last 10 years. "We'd love to let you play, but it's against DA policy".

GDA has only been around for two years - not ten. You can't play soccer when in GDA, just like CIF precludes kids from playing club soccer during the HS soccer season. But you can play other sports. Some kids do play other sports and excel. Let's post what is fact, and not what people told you.

This person makes a lot of sense. Losing a friendly should definitely result in immediate termination.

Hey douchebag. You are so ill informed that it is clear that your kid (do you have a kid or is it just your "friend's" kid) doesn't play soccer. Keep talking shit it continues to make you look like a drama queen. You aren't on my level so kick fucking rocks.

You betcha - many keep supporting DA as the only and the best way when it is not. I have always said there are many pathways and anyone of them can be effective and useful - so when I see something in a real life example that contradicts the propaganda I am curious and point it out. I have also said if DA works for your DD and you are all happy I have no problem with that but when those on the DA side have to continue to criticize and demean other options as inadequate I am motivated to speak up.
And when if you ever seen or heard me bash any other pathway?

they are playing a counter-attack game, now especially with the lead. France hasn't got close to the net so why change. France is slow with some of their decision-making and not used to US speed in closing on defense. More of the same I expect for second half. Still haven't seen a good combo goal from the US, but in the end it's just about getting the win.

Morgan will stay in -- she's doing better than vs. Spain but just average for now.
Heath to Rapinoe was a combination play sort of...

GDA has only been around for two years - not ten. You can't play soccer when in GDA, just like CIF precludes kids from playing club soccer during the HS soccer season. But you can play other sports. Some kids do play other sports and excel. Let's post what is fact, and not what people told you.

Boys side started in 2007 or 8.

Japan is pissed !!!! Same incident but no PK this time !

No there was a distinction. In Japan's case the hands were up and out, even if inadvertent. The US case was close but the hands were down at the side. Using the "natural silhouette" test the refs seem to be using to interpret "unnaturally bigger" it's the correct result.

If you are so motivated to speak up, you could at least be accurate. DA does not preclude kids from playing other sports, your club did. Criticize DA for things it actually does wrong, not for things your club does wrong.

One of the points of the DA is a consistent curriculum and structure for development. There should not be different rules at different clubs if US Soccer is specifying a particular curriculum and developmental process.

And what makes you think I am talking about you? There are many other posters here.
Cause you’re responding directly to my post....

One of the points of the DA is a consistent curriculum and structure for development. There should not be different rules at different clubs if US Soccer is specifying a particular curriculum and developmental process.
Many School districts teach the same curriculum but have different rules and may teach the curriculum in different ways but are still gauged by the same standard.

For as much as you dislike DA, why do you give it free rent on such a large part of your mind?

Cause you’re responding directly to my post....

Many School districts teach the same curriculum but have different rules and may teach the curriculum in different ways but are still gauged by the same standard.

For as much as you dislike DA, why do you give it free rent on such a large part of your mind?
Because I am secretly obsessed with the DA and want to be a part of it

DAILYWIRE.COM
U.S. Women's Soccer Members Tell Fans' Employers: You're ‘Living Under A Rock’ If You Don't Know Our Game Is Important
soccer.jpg

Photo by David Ramos—FIFA/FIFA via Getty Images

public

By HANK BERRIEN
June 28, 2019
317.7k views
Apparently unaware that their work doesn’t supersede the needs of business owners, two members of the U.S. national women’s soccer team wrote a note to their fans’ employers on Instagram, suggesting the employers give their employees the day off so the fans could watch the team’s game against France on Friday.

As The Daily Mail reported, Kelley O'Hara and Allie Long posted the excuse note on Instagram, starting by insultingly telling the employers that they were “living under a rock” if they weren’t aware of the importance of the women’s soccer team.

Dear Bosses & Supervisors: In case you're living under a rock, this Friday, June 28 is our World Cup quarterfinal versus France and it's gonna be a Big One! We kindly ask that you give every employee the day off so that they can eat a hearty lunch, get emotionally ready, bust out all their USA gear, and mentally prep for what will be an EPIC GAME! They will be back on MONDAY. MAYBE.

DAILYWIRE.COM
U.S. Women's Soccer Members Tell Fans' Employers: You're ‘Living Under A Rock’ If You Don't Know Our Game Is Important
soccer.jpg

Photo by David Ramos—FIFA/FIFA via Getty Images

public

By HANK BERRIEN
June 28, 2019
317.7k views
Apparently unaware that their work doesn’t supersede the needs of business owners, two members of the U.S. national women’s soccer team wrote a note to their fans’ employers on Instagram, suggesting the employers give their employees the day off so the fans could watch the team’s game against France on Friday.

As The Daily Mail reported, Kelley O'Hara and Allie Long posted the excuse note on Instagram, starting by insultingly telling the employers that they were “living under a rock” if they weren’t aware of the importance of the women’s soccer team.

Dear Bosses & Supervisors: In case you're living under a rock, this Friday, June 28 is our World Cup quarterfinal versus France and it's gonna be a Big One! We kindly ask that you give every employee the day off so that they can eat a hearty lunch, get emotionally ready, bust out all their USA gear, and mentally prep for what will be an EPIC GAME! They will be back on MONDAY. MAYBE.
Please excuse this errant child’s attempt to interject politics into this thread. He’s normally confined to his parents’ basement. Occasionally he wanders out to annoy the neighbors.

USA vs Netherlands. UEFA should thank the US for solving their Olympic qualifying problem for them. Although I am not an isolationist I will say that USA vs Europe is going to turn out fine for us if we can play like we did against France.

USA vs Netherlands. UEFA should thank the US for solving their Olympic qualifying problem for them. Although I am not an isolationist I will say that USA vs Europe is going to turn out fine for us if we can play like we did against France.
They both need to win one more game first. The Dutch women looked great in the second half.

Back