USL Super League Receives Division One Sanctioning from U.S. Soccer

Carlsbad7

PREMIER

Uh oh... NWSL has competition and USL doesn't have Salary Caps.

Soo... How long before NWSL or USL reaches out to youth leagues to start something like MLS Next to try and lock down talent before the other gets ahold of it?

Soo... How long before NWSL or USL reaches out to youth leagues to start something like MLS Next to try and lock down talent before the other gets ahold of it?
I love this. Will they have a draft?

I love this. Will they have a draft?
Who knows, I haven't looked very closely. My guess is no because this is more of an international style of league.

Where things could become VERY interesting is if a couple of clubs from Europe bought out the current owners and created an extension of their brand in the US.

this should be interesting to watch

Wonder if they try to go after some USWNT players by offering money they can’t refuse

this should be interesting to watch

Wonder if they try to go after some USWNT players by offering money they can’t refuse
100% this should be interesting. NWSL seems like a private club to those players that they only want and like. Plus, it's all tied to Nike and WNT. Don't you dare speak out or else. Look at the abuse from the Yates Report that some of those coaches have done to the women. Treat the girls with respect and pay them and they will be loyal to this new league. Girls from all over the world love to play the great game :)

Looked at the USL site a little closer and look what I found...

USL is planning to create a MLS Next type league / environment for USL clubs.

Looked at the USL site a little closer and look what I found...

USL is planning to create a MLS Next type league / environment for USL clubs.
I think that's very smart. This will be very good for those who want to go pro. 6 years ago I was laughed at from elite parents on here who said pro is stupid for the girls and they should focus on school only. Well, things are changing like I said. ECNL can be for college and then have these leagues for future top players who want to go Pro and get paid to play instead of daddy paying for their kid to be elite. In Spain, they have La Liga as top division. They also have a B league under the top league. Not all the teams in La Liga have their second team in the B league. Some are in the C league for poor performance and getting regulated. For example, you could have a club that is only in the B league. If that club wins, they promote to the top Li Laga League. You can pay money to have a pro team, but you have to start in the C league and earn the promotion by winning on the field and not some back room and a huge franchise tag. The good news in all this Carlsbad is pro for girls is here to stay, yay!!!

Does the USL have money? TV contract? How are they going to offer players 100K-300K per year to play for them?

My expectations is top couple teams in a couple years merge with NWSL, or USL becomes the B league and start having relegation/promotion with the NWSL.

Does the USL have money? TV contract? How are they going to offer players 100K-300K per year to play for them?

My expectations is top couple teams in a couple years merge with NWSL, or USL becomes the B league and start having relegation/promotion with the NWSL.
What USL represents is the opportunity for a big money group to create a NWSL alternative.

Or maybe just fund a couple of teams and force NWSL to buy them out in a merger.

Back