Using another player's card

I am guessing you have not been around the competitive soccer world very long. That said, 99% of this issue is on the boys side, so it is a nonissue for you. It has to be questioned because unfortunately, it happens a lot more on the boys side than it should. Any coach, parent, or kid that has been on any boys team has run into this issue. Just the last 10 years of coaching for me, I would say there have been a dozen instances of this. As the parent of a girl, this issue has absolutely no bearing.
You are completely correct, I know nothing of the boys competitive soccer world. I'm only made aware of this issue bc my own kid has been questioned about her age. And we'll she's a girl, so clearly it does have some bearing on girls soccer or else it would have never been questioned. Look I don't like cheaters anymore than the next person but I can't agree with putting a kids picture up here and using him as an example. The parents/coaches are to really the ones to blame for this stuff happening, not the kids.

Cheating in sports happens. This is real cheating vs some law of the game breaking thing.
It is not acceptable, but I don't think it is totally control-able. We don't require ID to vote, so not surprising some cheat this way (and others).

Cheating in sports happens. This is real cheating vs some law of the game breaking thing.
It is not acceptable, but I don't think it is totally control-able. We don't require ID to vote, so not surprising some cheat this way (and others).

There is a big difference between deliberately planning to falsify documents and running into someone on the course of a game.

Some tournaments you don't even need to use another card- this weekend U13 team played another team and the ref told us there were 3 U14 players on the other team! No secret .......

Heck, it happens in adult leagues.
The low level co-Ed league I play in is mostly over 40. The minimum age is 20 for female and 25 for males.
We had a guy who wanted to play with his 16 year old daughter. We told him she's not old enough. So he signed up his 20 year old daughter. The 16 year old showed up with the drivers license of the 20 year old.

Some coaches are all about wining not devolping. I saw a coach do this several times and finally got caught. He is no longer allowed to coach.

Back