US Youth Soccer Rankings Down and Out

US Youth Soccer Rankings was one of the most comprehensive ranking systems for youth soccer...apparently the new age alignment broke the alogorithm...

http://youthsoccerrankings.us/

From the website:

"After considerable research I have found it is not possible to map teams from the 2015/16 season to the new 2016/17 teams in a meaningful or consistent way. Consequently all team histories prior to August 1st 2016 will be discarded and rankings will be based on games from that date.

It will take several months to establish enough results to publish a meaningful national ranking. Please check back in October.

Tournament Flighting
Many tournaments use these rankings for flighting. I apologize for the loss of service. Please blame US Soccer, not me! For reference, you can still view the rankings as of June 2016 here."

Last edited:
And on another note, does anyone know why Legends College Showcase results are not posted on gotsoccer? Is that also due to the switch to calendar years?

It truly is amazing how much time and effort is spent by the guy who runs "youthsoccerrankings", if you've ever conversed with him, his story regarding why he created the site and the work it took to maintain it was very interesting.

Hope to see the site back up and running realistic rankings soon, I think it highlighted the need to have a site like that, that accounted for an expansive amount of results.

I have emailed the site creator in the past about a page not loading and he fixed it. For a while one of the age groups was not loading and he said he had been unaware of it until I inquired about it.

I have emailed the site creator in the past about a page not loading and he fixed it. For a while one of the age groups was not loading and he said he had been unaware of it until I inquired about it.

Thank you. It's up and running now. I could not find his email to alert him. If you get chance and are allowed to, feel free to PM it. That site is tremendous.

Thank you. It's up and running now. I could not find his email to alert him. If you get chance and are allowed to, feel free to PM it. That site is tremendous.
Thanks FutbolDad just click on any team...then look for the "Report Errors" button in the top right hand part of the page....I cut and pasted below...

"Report Errors
Please fix mistakes or missing results in your team's listing by clicking here: Report Errors"

It appears that the team detail pages are not operational. Here's the update on the site..."TEAM DETAILS PAGE BROKEN! The team details page is currently broken. Unfortunately I am traveling for the next 48 hours and cannot fix this until I get home. This should be fixed by Wednesday morning. Apologies!"

So you can still see the summary just no details.

How is he able to get all of the scores from so many regions? I would imagine you'd have to do it manually as there is not some big nationwide database of club soccer scores.

Back