US Soccer Training Centers

Lenny

BRONZE
Are they still running these training sessions with the start of DA?

This might be a dumb question, answered before, but how do the kids get selected to attend the Training Center Program?

Did the '02's age out? I know they were talking about keeping that age going a little longer, but not sure if that was true or not.

Boys 02's still going in many markets but not in the southwest, da is composite age group 02/01, the Y/BNT does their own separate things w/ the min camps and whatnot.

Thanks, I did not know how much of this comes from coach/club recommendations to scouts, etc....I have heard all sorts of things like DA Clubs recommending 4 kids per each age group, etc....just trying to figure out how it works.

Do kids from San Diego/ South OC participate in LA training centers or do they have closer ones at a later date?

Do kids from San Diego/ South OC participate in LA training centers or do they have closer ones at a later date?

In the past, there were sessions for SD, OC, IE and LA. Not sure how it will differ now that there is DA. There are also combine calls and those are typically smaller groups that are asked in. Typically these sessions/scrimmages are at the training center facility in Chula Vista or at StubHub. Will be interesting to see if there are changes with DA. Already the schedule they posted is far more info than was given in the past.

Thanks, I did not know how much of this comes from coach/club recommendations to scouts, etc....I have heard all sorts of things like DA Clubs recommending 4 kids per each age group, etc....just trying to figure out how it works.

In my experience the DOC/coach recommendations was 100% -- one player was asked to participate and they weren't even playing when the scout was there

Anybody have any info on 2018-19 training center schedule for Socal? Also someone mentioned combines as opposed to full training center. What's the difference between the 05 training centers held last Spring and combines?

Back