US Futsal and US Youth Futsal ?

GKDad65

SILVER ELITE
What's the difference in these organizations?

What's the difference in these organizations?

US Futsal operates mainly on the west coast. US Youth mainly in the Midwest. Both have regional and national tournaments. They are very similar in the way that CYSA and US soccer are. You could consider them competitors except that they have different geographical markets.

I like to suggest there is more of a difference that their respective reach. Most notable is that US Futsal is a part of US Soccer Federation and do produce a US National team. True that US Youth Futsal is a competitor and they were smart enough to align with the NSCAA now United Soccer Coaches and help produce the USC Level 1 Futsal Course. Not able to compete with having a national team US Youth has double down on education and development by offering both Referee and Academy/ID Camps. Before long you'll be able to tell your friends that your player has been ID'd for Pre-Academy Pre-National ID Camp in the Premier Elite Division of the Global Youth Futsal League Of Nations. Impressive, indeed.

Seriously though, Both of them put on a South West Regional. US Futsal in April and US Youth Futsal in June with a trip to Nationals on the line. For convenience the US Futsal seems to run their Regionals and National during the "off season" of outdoor soccer. Should you win in the US Youth Regional you must wait until January or February of 2019 to actually play. It is worth noting that our friends to the north, aptly named Cal North, are very pro-futsal to the point that their regional has been renamed Cal North Futsal State Cup. However our regional could be headed for a name change or at least a consistent well-ran operation as they enlisted the help of Copa Cabana, of beach soccer and now futsal notoriety. What makes it even more interesting is the Copa will be hosting their own Youth National Championship as well in July. So we have two Regionals (US Futsal, USYF) and two Nationals (USFutsal, Copa) within six months of each other and the furthest from me is San Diego with the other three in LA.

With the dearth of viable spring leagues, the agony of trying to schedule a scrimmage when either your field, your opponent or your own team won't be available and needing another avenue to enjoy soccer, in some form, that is not at conflict with your club then how long before we see a Spring Futsal Season? Perhaps Winter? Futsal Clubs? I know of a few. Smaller space, faster pace. The best you can do for your player's development. You think you are confused now, wait to the So Cal Soccer community gets their hands into Futsal. They'll so many leagues associations all with a F in their acronym that if it rolls of the tongue in just the right way you could cost your team the Global Youth Futsal League Of Nations Championship. Impressive indeed.

US Youth has a national team program that’s headed by the US men’s national team coach. They have regional ID camps and then they run a national ID camp (by invite only from the regional camps) in Kansas. The national teams are selected in Kansas. Youngers travel to Canada and play some clubs there. Olders go to Costa Rica to play. The whole process is expensive and the trips can overlap outdoor season which limits interested participants.
USSF doesn’t currently have any youth structure like that.
There are already Futsal clubs and winter and spring Futsal leagues in both socal and norcal.

US Youth has a national team program that’s headed by the US men’s national team coach. They have regional ID camps and then they run a national ID camp (by invite only from the regional camps) in Kansas. The national teams are selected in Kansas. Youngers travel to Canada and play some clubs there. Olders go to Costa Rica to play. The whole process is expensive and the trips can overlap outdoor season which limits interested participants.
USSF doesn’t currently have any youth structure like that.
There are already Futsal clubs and winter and spring Futsal leagues in both socal and norcal.

I hate to disrupt your response by throwing out "facts" but here you go: http://futsal.com/teams/ That will take you to the home of USFF which is the ONLY association that falls under the US Soccer Federation reach and therefore the ONLY one that can call itself a US National Team. Now that we are on a roll with facts lets check out: https://www.usyouthfutsal.com/programs This is US Youth Futsal and you'll see they have an Academy and Educational piece just as i referenced above but NO NATIONAL TEAM. They can call it a US Youth Futsal National Team all they want but without the USSF stamp they cannot and will be considered a United States national team.

In regards to clubs and league there but a few leagues or club and each of them represent a smaller number of teams that your local AYSO region has. I'm more interested the roll out of a real league.

upload_2018-4-2_8-11-47.png

Don’t need to look them up as my kids have been playing with both organizations for several years now and I know them both well. Both organizations are members of US Soccer. Yes, the US men’s national team is a USSF team. The US Youth “national teams” are youth teams and they (as well as the organization as a whole) are led by the US Futsal men’s national team coach (he works closely with both USSF and US Youth by the way) and they wear USA jerseys. That guy does more to promote the growth of Futsal than any other individual in this country, including spearheading the first Pro Futsal league in the US. While they may not fit your definition of a national team, they are the closest thing that currently exists for kids. If you want to see a bigger league roll out, start signing your kid up for what there currently is and share with your friends. No need to argue if you disagree, I only posted to share info with GKDad65 in the first place.

I hate to disrupt your response by throwing out "facts" but here you go: http://futsal.com/teams/ That will take you to the home of USFF which is the ONLY association that falls under the US Soccer Federation reach and therefore the ONLY one that can call itself a US National Team. Now that we are on a roll with facts lets check out: https://www.usyouthfutsal.com/programs This is US Youth Futsal and you'll see they have an Academy and Educational piece just as i referenced above but NO NATIONAL TEAM. They can call it a US Youth Futsal National Team all they want but without the USSF stamp they cannot and will be considered a United States national team.

In regards to clubs and league there but a few leagues or club and each of them represent a smaller number of teams that your local AYSO region has. I'm more interested the roll out of a real league.

View attachment 2255
You are incorrect on most of these accounts but go on....

Back