Boys DIV -
9 Mission Bay 5
8 Santana 4

10 Escondido Charter 1
7 Sage Creek 0

Boys DV -
10 O'Farell 3
7 Guajome Park Academy 1

Close - but no cigar (and the only result so far that went to kicks)
12 El Capitan 1
5 Santa Fe Christian 1 (advances on kicks)

Oceanside over Torrey Pines in the Open Division is the biggest surprise so far. I have seen no report on the game yet.

I am really surprised that Torrey lost. I refereed them several times and they are a very good fast team. Hopefully someone saw the game and can give some insight. I am not surprised that SDA won. They have a good team, but play in the ultra competitive Advocado West so their record does not reflect how good they are.

St. Aug #1 vs San Pasquale #8 was really close. St. Aug won on a handling PK goal in the last minute of overtime. I still think Scripps should have been in the Open Division.

Boys DII
Bishop's 1
11 Eastlake 2

Still no score reported for 9 Francis Parker at 8 Otay Ranch Tuesday night.

Boys DIII
8 Gompers Prep Academy 0
9 Helix 1

7 Preuss UCSD 1
10 Lincoln 3

Girls Open
4 Cathedral Catholic 1
5 Steele Canyon 2

Girls DI
8 Westview 2
9 La Costa Canyon 4

Girls DIII
6 Vista 0
11 Southwest SD 1

Girls DIV
7 Mar Vista 2
10 Orange Glen 3

Girls DV
7 High Tech NC at 10 Sweetwater is scheduled for today. HTHNC has a small campus.

9 over 8 and 5 over 4 aren't much in the way of upsets, but both of those games bumped girls teams with a tradition of winning.

I am really surprised that Torrey lost. I refereed them several times and they are a very good fast team. Hopefully someone saw the game and can give some insight. I am not surprised that SDA won. They have a good team, but play in the ultra competitive Advocado West so their record does not reflect how good they are.

St. Aug #1 vs San Pasquale #8 was really close. St. Aug won on a handling PK goal in the last minute of overtime. I still think Scripps should have been in the Open Division.

I will assume you only know about St A vs San P game because you were there, but I am too polite to ask what position you were running.

I will assume you only know about St A vs San P game because you were there, but I am too polite to ask what position you were running.

I also saw part of the Monte Vista girls game last night and Mira Mesa on Monday. Both of those girls games were blowouts at 9-1 and 4-0 so nothing to really talk about. We have friends that have kids playing at numerous SD schools. They supported my DD so we go and support their kids.

Should be some good match ups in theext round.

Big upset tonight in D1 boys second round: #11 Eastlake beat #2 Rancho Bernardo 1-1, 4-3 in 6 rounds of kicks.

Eastlake scored in first half after a nice run up the middle and then a pass in front of a teammate cutting flat left to right, who took one touch to put the ball into an open position and one touch to shoot and score.

RB responded in second half from a throwin-header-keeper's fingertips-crossbar and in.

Press box staff had to scramble to find out the CIF overtime rules - 15 minutes sudden death, followed by kicks by NFHS rules - any 5 players on the roster not disqualified, then 5 others, then any five as often as needed, with sudden death after the first round of 5.

The Eastlake keeper made 2 saves on the first 5 shots, but a teammate missed his shot high of the crossbar, so the keeper got to take 5th shot - and the RB keeper saved it. In the 6th round, RB's shot was saved again, and the Eastlake shooter hit the low-left corner.

Boys DII
3 Rancho Bernardo 1
11 Eastlake 1 (advances on kicks 4-3 in 6 rounds)

2 Granite Hills 1
7 Montgomery 2

No score 5 Mission Hills at 4 Fallbrook

Boys DIII
No score 9 Helix at 1 La Jolla

4 Valley Center 2
5 Del Norte 3

3 Bonita Vista 0
6 Olympian 0 (advances on kicks)

Boys DIV
No score 8 Mission Bay at 1 Crawford
No score 5 Brawley at 4 San Diego Jewish Academy