Univ of Oregon womens coach abusive?

bringing this thread back to on point:

Graeme Abel
university of oregon women's soccer coach
12 former players claiming abuse in April 2024

with June 15 recruiting date coming soon, families be aware.
Expect another parent to start a thread with _ _ _. I will wait. Sorry for getting off point Canada, it just pains me to see these coaches treat girls like crap. The girls work hard at their craft and make very little scholarship money if any and all the coaches make over $175K. Some Docs and coaches in the youth game make up to $200K. What do the girls get in return?

UC Davis has a Women's Soccer coach that fits the description of the post I commented on. Not sure where a female coach became a factor of the conversation.
i've heard for years about a norcal coach with his own girls club who is extremely abusive. berating, making fun of players, bringing girls to tears. lots of stories. wouldn't be surprised if someday, someone actually speaks up.

Because you responded "What is UC Davis, Alex?" after the OP wrote about a NorCal coach with HIS own girls club...

Or was your comment unrelated to that first one?

My daughter played with one of the 90 minute players that left and she said the culture was terrible. U of Florida coach next? Watch their portal numbers from yesterday’s opening.
My dd knew a player that bailed after her Fr season. Walking on eggshells and you best better not break any of the eggs. Players afraid to just go play and do your best. I know some players thrive under attack and pressure and yelling but most don't like being screamed at and threaten with loss of play time or scholarship. Many of these girls are on their own for the first time and already feel sad and lonely. Coaches need to chill out and not act like this.

Expect another parent to start a thread with _ _ _. I will wait. Sorry for getting off point Canada, it just pains me to see these coaches treat girls like crap. The girls work hard at their craft and make very little scholarship money if any and all the coaches make over $175K. Some Docs and coaches in the youth game make up to $200K. What do the girls get in return?
I'm glad more and more parents are starting to see the college scholarship scam for what it is.

Players need to get paid and colleges need to stop exploiting "student athletes" with the nonsense concept of amateurism.

Back