Ulreich Howler

Add Caballero to the list. Should have held it and switched the side. :eek: But at least his wasn't the most egregious mistake of the match.

Funny how the best scorers still miss easy chances and not much is made of it. Keeper miss one, its all over. :eek::oops:
Yeah, let me rant on this point for a minute...

It sucks because I've seen BOTH Messi and Ronaldo sail PK shots a mile over the goal. I once saw Zidane choke on an open goal and miss completely. Bad touches happen, and when a field player does it, it's like "oohhhh. He wishes he had that one back. Oh, well." But when a keeper does it and gives up a goal, it's pretty much the end of his/her career. All these guys who have given up "howlers" in the past three months are pros. Elite of the elite. Top .001% of the population. They've all busted their tails to get where they are, and they've had to make brilliant, unbelievable, almost inhuman saves just to get in the position to be playing in games of this magnitude. One mistake, and it's like, "Well, he sucks. Get him out." Keepers are held to an impossible standard of perfection. Every. Single. Game.

Side note: Ever notice how whenever a keeper makes a save that ISN'T a highlight reel, upper 90 type superman save, the announcers invariably say, "Comfortable save for the keeper" or "Easy save"? I've seen sudden, blistering shots from outside the box, and the keeper doesn't have to move his feet much, but still has to get on the ground to catch it or hold it, and the commentators are like, "Easy save." F--- you, commentator. Catching a knee high rocket shot from 20 yards out with traffic in front of you and 50,000 people screaming and millions on TV, is never "EASY," you twit.

End of rant...

Back