U12 Roster Size

U

uburoi

What is the reason for the roster size in USSDA U12 being upwards of 20 players? I notice the next age group up roster size is more normal (16 players I think). Thanks.

What is the reason for the roster size in USSDA U12 being upwards of 20 players? I notice the next age group up roster size is more normal (16 players I think). Thanks.

Two teams at that AG.

U13 minimum is 16 most have more.

Anyone know what the roster sizes will be for u13 (2005) next year? I had heard they will skip the 9v9 year and jump to 11v11, which would likely mean roster sizes similary to the u13's this year?

Anyone know what the roster sizes will be for u13 (2005) next year? I had heard they will skip the 9v9 year and jump to 11v11, which would likely mean roster sizes similary to the u13's this year?
What you heard is correct. 05s will be 11v11 next year as U13s. The roster size will depend on the team. Count on 16-18 for club-based DA teams (+Development Players (DPs) in the mix), potentially 20+ for MLS-based teams (no DPs).

Thanks. I heard that roster size for our MLS-based team might be in the 20's, which seems high. But more slots aren't necessarily a bad thing, as long as there's an outlet for the players lower in the rotation to get minutes (DP?).

Back