Tryouts and what your seeing......

46n2

SILVER ELITE
Curious as to everyone thoughts on whats your seeing? Caliber of kids, Attendance, Local talent, how many Messi Jersey's etc....
IMO I've seen a average amount of kids come and try out or so Im hearing , but does that mean the local club scene is thriving....just curious if one area is thriving more than another , is SD a hot bed where as North County isnt or LA for that matter.
How many families show up , but never pull the trigger.
Is SURF the hotspot starting next week?
Are Tryouts Dead....

Why are 2003's tryout in the middle of HS. I have notice several post that include 2003.

Kind of strange, right? As a parent of an 03 not all of them are in high school, some are in 8th grade, so I "get" why there could be tryouts, but then you are cutting out those that are in high school and playing HS soccer, like my son.

Anything, to get the number$ up I suppose.

Don’t fall for the gag. Identify a team or coach you’d like and reach out to the coach. Forget the whole display with numbered jerseys.

My daughter's team isn't playing, a 2003 team but she is 2004. I've taken her to a couple so she can play a little. Also to look around. Both really just had kids from the current team. This is way too early.

I'm seeing tryouts are way to early. What happened to let them finish state cup first? How weird to jump teams and still have 2 more months with your old team.

I'm seeing tryouts are way to early. What happened to let them finish state cup first? How weird to jump teams and still have 2 more months with your old team.

This isn’t new. Clubs have been strong-arming families, holding tryouts and cutting kids before the cups for years.

There needs to be a change. By the time you get around to national cup, the teams are mostly fractured.

The supposedly-good teams last longer in the multiple weekends of State/National Cup. Using a "wait until after the Cup" criterion would scramble things just as badly.

I guess maybe because I remember them starting in February, then end of January to early January now early December. I liked the idea of January tryouts. Starting the year fresh. That's just my opinion.

Back