Training under new stay-at-home order

Our club just suspended practices until January 4th, effective immediately. Not aware of any outbreaks on the teams.

Yes, SD County. Voluntary, as far as I can tell. My suspicion is something precipitated that decision, but I have no idea. Our team was going to stop effective Saturday, but got the notice yesterday for the whole club effective immediately.
We are scheduled through next Sunday, then a break until after the New Year. Our club is still planning to go to the Florida Showcase in January at this point while passing on Surf.

We are scheduled through next Sunday, then a break until after the New Year. Our club is still planning to go to the Florida Showcase in January at this point while passing on Surf.
Club stated that we will have games in Jan/Feb (maybe at the facility where games go on every weekend, but just a guess). Also claiming possible games starting for MLS Next in March. Having a carrot helps motivation. Personally I'm becoming a little ambivalent about soccer for this season. My son may be too, not because of the situation necessarily, just because he has a lot of other interests. I know some parents fear having their kid fall behind in soccer, but I'm not opposed to breaks for my kid. Each kid is different though. Best to your kid in Florida.

On second thought - we are done for the year. Got the email yesterday afternoon. (FYI - In Santa Clara County). The city has an "updated interpretation" of the stay at home order.

Reactions: Ear
Back