Training under new stay-at-home order

Ear

BRONZE
We have yet to receive a comment from our Club (big club in so cal) how the 3 week new stay at home order that goes into effect today will/may impact training. Has anyone heard anything from their club yet? I did see an email directly from Cal South stating "although the stay at home order is a little vague in the area of outdoor exercise and how it relates to people from multiple families....to the best of our understanding you can still hold trainings as you have been allowed to previously." Curious what others are hearing from their respective clubs.

We have yet to receive a comment from our Club (big club in so cal) how the 3 week new stay at home order that goes into effect today will/may impact training. Has anyone heard anything from their club yet? I did see an email directly from Cal South stating "although the stay at home order is a little vague in the area of outdoor exercise and how it relates to people from multiple families....to the best of our understanding you can still hold trainings as you have been allowed to previously." Curious what others are hearing from their respective clubs.
Norcal. Club sent out an email saying training is still active for now, but may go remote as things change.

The usual winter things (indoor and futsal) are both shelved.

Reactions: Ear
EVERYONE MUST STAY HOME! DO AS YOU ARE TOLD!

oooorrr just play futbol. haha crossing my fingers that nothing changes.

Seems to be dependent on the training locations. Some may choose to close while others stay open. Last time, great park shut down while the Glendale sports complex remained open. My kid was trying out with teams at each location during that period in March.

I heard this also..how are they being allowed to?
Who is enforcing it? Same way I can speed at 80 MPH, very little enforcment. Many Basketball and Volleyball courts are inside big warehouses and tough to know if people are inside or not. Had to tell some friends that they might not want to post those Volleyball photos and videos of their kid right now.

The biggest issue for soccer is the field permits. So you have to wonder how these indoor sports are getting permit use for the facilities. If they are not city owned, then maybe that is why they can do it. Unlike the parks soccer uses.

Norcal too- we are moving back to more individual technical drills and probably finishing/shooting, club sent an email a few days ago.

Who is enforcing it? Same way I can speed at 80 MPH, very little enforcment. Many Basketball and Volleyball courts are inside big warehouses and tough to know if people are inside or not. Had to tell some friends that they might not want to post those Volleyball photos and videos of their kid right now.
One of my kids plays hoops and her club is pretty follow the rules and such and some others are playing games and posting about it. I have some parents asking why we aren't doing it. I still hold practices, but they are outside and keeping some distance as much as possible. I also know a volleyball coach who is having practices indoors, but trying to keep distance and wearing masks.

Our club is continuing to practice with a little bit stricter protocols; however, our coach is wanting to wrap things up until the new year for a variety reasons, including the holidays, various injuries and Covid hassles. I suspect our oldest teams will continue to practice for the most part without interruption.

Training as long as a field is available.

Funny the school sent out a note and they are starting up track practice. All the schools doing the same.

It's easy to have track practice as it's much easier to social distance as long as you don't put people side by side on the track. Seems a little early for a sport that doesn't start until Spring though. Are they just doing conditioning to try to get the kids in shape way ahead of the season?

Our school district is doing business as usual...

At noon today, the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services issued a region-wide emergency alert via text message. This message was triggered as Southern California counties, including Orange County, entered into a new three-week Regional Stay-at-Home Order effective Sunday, December 6, due to surging COVID-19 cases that caused a drop in intensive care unit (ICU) capacity to below 15% at regional hospitals. This message does not affect schools that are currently open for on-campus instruction. As was shared in last week’s update on December 3, all schools will remain open for both Hybrid and Full Distance Learning.

As a reminder, please wear a mask and maintain physical distance from those not in your immediate household to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

Back