Tournaments?

Any good tournaments coming up in Feb?? With good competition? Looking for something where teams are at least in the top 50 overall in 2010. Theses teams must be playing somewhere no?

Any good tournaments coming up in Feb?? With good competition? Looking for something where teams are at least in the top 50 overall in 2010. Theses teams must be playing somewhere no?
2010 is the first year of GA + ECNL competition. What this means is that top 50 teams will be playing league games (not tournaments). If they do play in a tournamant you'll notice that ECNL teams tend to play in ECNL club tournaments and GA teams tend to play in GA club tournaments.

This is how larger clubs block out smaller clubs from playing high level competition. It doesn't matter how good your team is if they're not in XYZ letter league they wont play high ranked teams. Also while teams are being boxed out of competiton top teams recruit from lower level teams for talent.

I used GA + ECNL as the example but MLS Next + ECNL + EA + etc are same thing just on the boys side.

This is why you see less and less tournaments for olders where lots of top teams attend.

Alternatively, as you get closer to the registration deadline, you can contact the tournament director and ask for a list of teams already registered. Get the list of teams in your own age bracket and the bracket that's a year older. If the competition is not strong in your age bracket, register to play up.

If you cant find a tournamant with 2010 top 50 teams. Another option is to just play up a year ie 2009 level.

If you do this make sure the team plays posession at the 2009 level. If your team is good at posession this is how you'll surprise + beat top 2010 teams when / if you ever get a chance to play them.

Eagles Tournament in March should have some good teams at 2010 age group from what I've heard.

2010 is the first year of GA + ECNL competition. What this means is that top 50 teams will be playing league games (not tournaments). If they do play in a tournamant you'll notice that ECNL teams tend to play in ECNL club tournaments and GA teams tend to play in GA club tournaments.

This is how larger clubs block out smaller clubs from playing high level competition. It doesn't matter how good your team is if they're not in XYZ letter league they wont play high ranked teams. Also while teams are being boxed out of competiton top teams recruit from lower level teams for talent.

I used GA + ECNL as the example but MLS Next + ECNL + EA + etc are same thing just on the boys side.

This is why you see less and less tournaments for olders where lots of top teams attend.

ECNL league has been on break since before Thanksgiving. Doesn’t start up again until mid March.

ECNL league has been on break since before Thanksgiving. Doesn’t start up again until mid March.
Check again, ECNL and RL had games rescheduled to fill in gaps for January / February.

The following matches got moved up:

On the NL side
Blues vs Pats
Arsenal vs Beach
Eagles vs Pats

RL
Slammers vs Breakers
Eagles vs Rebels
Breakers vs Arsenal
Legends vs Beach
Slammers vs Eagles
Heat vs Az Arsenal
Heat vs Phoenix Rising
LAFC vs Legends

A lot of these teams were at the Vegas Cup too

Some are in State Cup

LOL with due respect you need to get out more if you trust rankings......look what happens when the SoCal teams at U-13 play the other regions.....it ain't pretty
This is 100% true U13 Socal teams play possession + pretty soccer. TX, GA, FL teams have huge super athletic players that slam it in with a mix of direct + limited possession.

LOL with due respect you need to get out more if you trust rankings......look what happens when the SoCal teams at U-13 play the other regions.....it ain't pretty
In my experience the SoCal teams typically win at U13 in this G2010 age group against teams from outside this region. Last I checked, lots of teams from outside the region met up at Vegas Cup and it was a Slammers Koge NL vs Slammers RL final that went to PKs… lots of good talent out here. Imo try to set something up with any of the top 50 California teams and you won’t be disappointed

In my experience the SoCal teams typically win at U13 in this G2010 age group against teams from outside this region. Last I checked, lots of teams from outside the region met up at Vegas Cup and it was a Slammers Koge NL vs Slammers RL final that went to PKs… lots of good talent out here. Imo try to set something up with any of the top 50 California teams and you won’t be disappointed

Totally agree....I think my post may have been misread.....SoCal is dominant, just look at recent ECNL showcase in San Diego

Beach FC is hosting SoCal Winter Cup, Feb 18 & 19. Not sure who will be joining tho.

Looks like socal state cup doesn't have games that wknd of Feb 18-19. When winter cup is scheduled . Being hosted by beach fc at silverlakes . So you probably have at least there NL & RL teams in the tournament.

Back