The Inevitable New The Inevitable Trump Mocking Thread

Tell us again who you voted for twice and how bad of a candidate she was and why you have such bad judgement.

You make it sound like you voted for a good candidate...
Blame it on Hillary all you want, but Trump has been started only pandering to the far right and it only takes first grade math to see where that is going to leave him if he keeps hemorrhaging support. Or let me put it another way... have you heard Sean Hannity's show's rating are down 20% from a year ago. If it comes down to Ruppert having to decide between cutting bait and saving Fox News from being pulled down with Trump what way do you think he's going to go?

You make it sound like you voted for a good candidate...
Blame it on Hillary all you want, but Trump has been started only pandering to the far right and it only takes first grade math to see where that is going to leave him if he keeps hemorrhaging support. Or let me put it another way... have you heard Sean Hannity's show's rating are down 20% from a year ago. If it comes down to Ruppert having to decide between cutting bait and saving Fox News from being pulled down with Trump what way do you think he's going to go?
The only thing I am saying is you should have nominated a better candidate.

The only thing I am saying is you should have nominated a better candidate.

Hey, if you think invoking Hillary is like a get out of jail free card for Trump's poor job performance, then all I got to say is good luck to him with that.
Personally I don't see how that saves him anymore then pandering to the far right 25% of the electorate will save his job if he crashes the economy or Muller uncovers corruption from foreign influences.

Hey, if you think invoking Hillary is like a get out of jail free card for Trump's poor job performance, then all I got to say is good luck to him with that.
Personally I don't see how that saves him anymore then pandering to the far right 25% of the electorate will save his job if he crashes the economy or Muller uncovers corruption from foreign influences.
I am not saying any such thing, but he was the best option.
I wonder how things would be if he had just a bit of support from the media?

Fact check: President Trump's error-filled holiday tweets on the border wall

Trump is stuck on an unworkable campaign pledge that Mexico would be forced to pay for the wall, but administration officials have refused to explain Trump's logic for how the revised NAFTA would pay for the wall. The updating of the trade pact negotiated by the Trump administration makes some changes at the margins. But if that results in a smaller trade deficit because Mexico is buying more goods from the United States, it does not necessarily translate into greater revenue for the U.S. government. (As we noted, Trump often equates trade deficits to "losses," but that's a misunderstanding of basic economics.) Moreover, Congress would still have to appropriate funds, and it has refused to do so.

Sometimes, the president has asserted the wall would pay for itself because of reduced illegal immigration. The president often relies on dubious figures on the cost of illegal immigration. But in any case, a border wall on the southern border would not stop people from overstaying their visas.

Illegal border crossings represent a relatively small share of the number of people who enter the country, legally or otherwise, in any given year, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Studies estimate that nearly half of the immigrants residing in the United States illegally entered the country legally with a visa -- a percentage that keeps growing. "Two-thirds of those who arrived in 2014 did not illegally cross a border, but were admitted (after screening) on non-immigrant (temporary) visas, and then overstayed their period of admission or otherwise violated the terms of their visas," said a 2017 report by the Center for Migration Studies. "Moreover, this trend in increasing percentages of visa overstays will likely continue into the foreseeable future."

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/...rror-filled-holiday-tweets-on-the-border-wall

Trump wants to waste billions of taxpayer dollars because he is a moron who wants to appease his base of idiots.

Fact check: President Trump's error-filled holiday tweets on the border wall

Trump is stuck on an unworkable campaign pledge that Mexico would be forced to pay for the wall, but administration officials have refused to explain Trump's logic for how the revised NAFTA would pay for the wall. The updating of the trade pact negotiated by the Trump administration makes some changes at the margins. But if that results in a smaller trade deficit because Mexico is buying more goods from the United States, it does not necessarily translate into greater revenue for the U.S. government. (As we noted, Trump often equates trade deficits to "losses," but that's a misunderstanding of basic economics.) Moreover, Congress would still have to appropriate funds, and it has refused to do so.

Sometimes, the president has asserted the wall would pay for itself because of reduced illegal immigration. The president often relies on dubious figures on the cost of illegal immigration. But in any case, a border wall on the southern border would not stop people from overstaying their visas.

Illegal border crossings represent a relatively small share of the number of people who enter the country, legally or otherwise, in any given year, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Studies estimate that nearly half of the immigrants residing in the United States illegally entered the country legally with a visa -- a percentage that keeps growing. "Two-thirds of those who arrived in 2014 did not illegally cross a border, but were admitted (after screening) on non-immigrant (temporary) visas, and then overstayed their period of admission or otherwise violated the terms of their visas," said a 2017 report by the Center for Migration Studies. "Moreover, this trend in increasing percentages of visa overstays will likely continue into the foreseeable future."

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/...rror-filled-holiday-tweets-on-the-border-wall

Trump wants to waste billions of taxpayer dollars because he is a moron who wants to appease his base of idiots.
You are still an idiot.

I am not saying any such thing, but he was the best option.
I wonder how things would be if he had just a bit of support from the media?

Actually I'm glad you making the point about him being the best option because I think it helps illustrate what I'm saying. If hardcore Republicans such as yourself are getting to the point where you defend the Trumps Presidency with a blanket "don't blame me, I just didn't want to vote for Hillary" defense... I think that's a pretty clear illustration that he's in trouble.
And as for the media supporting him? As best I can tell you only consume right leaning news Joe, and look at your last two posts- even you are starting to sound like you want to clean your hands of him. Take a moment and let that sink in.

In case you wanted to read Mitt Romney's Op-Ed on Trump Joe...

Mitt Romney: The president shapes the public character of the nation. Trump’s character falls short.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...898adc28fa2_story.html?utm_term=.00f480076590

The Trump presidency made a deep descent in December. The departures of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, the appointment of senior persons of lesser experience, the abandonment of allies who fight beside us, and the president’s thoughtless claim that America has long been a “sucker” in world affairs all defined his presidency down.

It is well known that Donald Trump was not my choice for the Republican presidential nomination. After he became the nominee, I hoped his campaign would refrain from resentment and name-calling. It did not. When he won the election, I hoped he would rise to the occasion. His early appointments of Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, Nikki Haley, Gary Cohn, H.R. McMaster, Kelly and Mattis were encouraging. But, on balance, his conduct over the past two years, particularly his actions last month, is evidence that the president has not risen to the mantle of the office.

It is not that all of the president’s policies have been misguided. He was right to align U.S. corporate taxes with those of global competitors, to strip out excessive regulations, to crack down on China’s unfair trade practices, to reform criminal justice and to appoint conservative judges. These are policies mainstream Republicans have promoted for years. But policies and appointments are only a part of a presidency.

To a great degree, a presidency shapes the public character of the nation. A president should unite us and inspire us to follow “our better angels.” A president should demonstrate the essential qualities of honesty and integrity, and elevate the national discourse with comity and mutual respect. As a nation, we have been blessed with presidents who have called on the greatness of the American spirit. With the nation so divided, resentful and angry, presidential leadership in qualities of character is indispensable. And it is in this province where the incumbent’s shortfall has been most glaring.

The world is also watching. America has long been looked to for leadership. Our economic and military strength was part of that, of course, but our enduring commitment to principled conduct in foreign relations, and to the rights of all people to freedom and equal justice, was even more esteemed. Trump’s words and actions have caused dismay around the world. In a 2016 Pew Research Center poll, 84 percent of people in Germany, Britain, France, Canada and Sweden believed the American president would “do the right thing in world affairs.” One year later, that number had fallen to 16 percent.

This comes at a very unfortunate time. Several allies in Europe are experiencing political upheaval. Several former Soviet satellite states are rethinking their commitment to democracy. Some Asian nations, such as the Philippines, lean increasingly toward China, which advances to rival our economy and our military. The alternative to U.S. world leadership offered by China and Russia is autocratic, corrupt and brutal.

The world needs American leadership, and it is in America’s interest to provide it. A world led by authoritarian regimes is a world — and an America — with less prosperity, less freedom, less peace.

To reassume our leadership in world politics, we must repair failings in our politics at home. That project begins, of course, with the highest office once again acting to inspire and unite us. It includes political parties promoting policies that strengthen us rather than promote tribalism by exploiting fear and resentment. Our leaders must defend our vital institutions despite their inevitable failings: a free press, the rule of law, strong churches, and responsible corporations and unions.

We must repair our fiscal foundation, setting a course to a balanced budget. We must attract the best talent to America’s service and the best innovators to America’s economy.

America is strongest when our arms are linked with other nations. We want a unified and strong Europe, not a disintegrating union. We want stable relationships with the nations of Asia that strengthen our mutual security and prosperity.

I look forward to working on these priorities with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and other senators.

Furthermore, I will act as I would with any president, in or out of my party: I will support policies that I believe are in the best interest of the country and my state, and oppose those that are not. I do not intend to comment on every tweet or fault. But I will speak out against significant statements or actions that are divisive, racist, sexist, anti-immigrant, dishonest or destructive to democratic institutions.

I remain optimistic about our future. In an innovation age, Americans excel. More importantly, noble instincts live in the hearts of Americans. The people of this great land will eschew the politics of anger and fear if they are summoned to the responsibility by leaders in homes, in churches, in schools, in businesses, in government — who raise our sights and respect the dignity of every child of God — the ideal that is the essence of America.

Where's that wall shitstain?
New year same old tired booty, did you forget your log in?
Actually I'm glad you making the point about him being the best option because I think it helps illustrate what I'm saying. If hardcore Republicans such as yourself are getting to the point where you defend the Trumps Presidency with a blanket "don't blame me, I just didn't want to vote for Hillary" defense... I think that's a pretty clear illustration that he's in trouble.
And as for the media supporting him? As best I can tell you only consume right leaning news Joe, and look at your last two posts- even you are starting to sound like you want to clean your hands of him. Take a moment and let that sink in.
It all depends what he ends up doing, I was a cruz guy and then he won and everyone started in on him, so that made me stick up for him against all the bull shit you people could make up about him. If he sticks to his promises I will continue to support him.

In case you wanted to read Mitt Romney's Op-Ed on Trump Joe...
It's funny, that pussy wouldn't go after Obama and lost and now he is gonna go after Trump who did what he could not.
What a sore loser. Trump even supported him in his senate race and now he knifes trump.
He will get his in the end.

• WSJ: Prepare to yawn at Mueller’s final report

WSJ: Prepare to yawn at Mueller’s final report

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 5:01 pm on January 2, 2019

352d77c9-468f-4bd9-b9ee-e83816fb7457.jpg

A new year offers the best chance for optimism, but perhaps the Wall Street Journal might be overdoing it here. We may be only a few weeks away from the end of Robert Mueller’s investigation, but Holman Jenkins advises everyone to scale down their expectations for any blockbusters in the special counsel’s final report. There won’t be much fire to go with all the media-created smoke, Jenkins predicts, but there would be more to report if Mueller focused on the real problem of the 2016 election — a counterintelligence establishment that tried to interfere with the election:

See Also: Analyst: Brexit deal now so damaged, “I don’t think it’s going to happen”

Maybe the story here is simply one of unintended consequences. Maybe it all comes down to an overly bumptious FBI chief who couldn’t let pass an opportunity to be really, really important. But I don’t think so. Before there was the Steele dossier or the warrant to eavesdrop on Carter Page, there was the Hillary email investigation, which we now know launched a series of intelligence-agency interventions in U.S. domestic politics in which ostensible concerns about Russian intelligence activities were opportunistically entwined with anti-Trump motives.

Especially if you’re unhappy about Mr. Trump, this untold story shrieks for more attention. Unfortunately, much of the alleged reporting consists of waiting around for anti-Trump tidbits to be dropped in the press’s lap. Mr. Mueller himself has taken a tack seemingly designed to make sure that, even after the desired collusion is not found, the FBI’s pre-election activities seem justified.

Mr. Mueller might well issue a report in 2019 that concocts a confection of guilt by innuendo based on the Russia-related dealings and statements of Mr. Trump and the people around him. Alternatively, he could clear the air: Mr. Trump’s election was the doing of the American voter and nobody else.

But it’s already pretty obvious that he’s not going to tell us anything that will greatly shift our understanding of the 2016 race. Whereas, in the still-classified appendix of the Justice Department inspector general’s report on Mr. Comey’s actions are the beginnings of an untold and important story: how U.S. intelligence agencies, using Russia as an excuse, fiddled ineptly and improperly in our election and quite conceivably undermined the Hillary victory they were so obviously trying to secure.

Jenkins has one key figure in his corner in predicting a nothingburger. Rudy Giuliani spent the last couple of days in 2018 telling Mueller to “put up or shut up”:

It's funny, that pussy wouldn't go after Obama and lost and now he is gonna go after Trump who did what he could not.
What a sore loser. Trump even supported him in his senate race and now he knifes trump.
He will get his in the end.

So don't do what you think is right... just blindly support your party? I don't know if that's realistic. Republican's in the House who blindly followed Trump got voted out in record numbers and Republican's barely held onto the Senate because they squeaked out wins in conservative strongholds like Indiana and the Dakota's.

Couple that with Trump losing his twitter mojo and the Muller investigation... and I'm not sure it's as an easy choice for Romney as you seem to want to believe. When the rubber hits the road, if Trump goes down it's going to be the Republican's who turn on him first that will be best positioned to take control of the party and lead it out of the swamp.

If he sticks to his promises I will continue to support him.

Like building a wall and having Mexico pay for it? Or building a wall and having you and I pay for it. A wall that would do very little for boarder security. Would you settle for a shower curtain? That would be on par with the Don The Con's bait and switch. SUCKER!!!

It all depends what he ends up doing, I was a cruz guy and then he won and everyone started in on him, so that made me stick up for him against all the bull shit you people could make up about him. If he sticks to his promises I will continue to support him.

So now Trumps doing bad because of the bull shit I make up about him? Notice again... you're no longer talking about what a good job he's doing, just how his failures are somebody else's fault? Just say'n.

If he sticks to his promises I will continue to support him.

Balance the federal budget 'fairly quickly'
The Promise:

"It can be done. ... It will take place and it will go relatively quickly. ... If you have the right people, like, in the agencies and the various people that do the balancing ... you can cut the numbers by two pennies and three pennies and balance a budget quickly and have a stronger and better country."

Update: Federal deficit isn't shrinking; it's growing

Back