Thanksgiving Surf challenge

As many of you have mentioned earlier, some of the most talented teams are skipping this tournament for many reasons....I did notice that most of those teams are participating in tournament of champions for this age group (double the participation in this tournament). so that may be a more interesting tournament to watch for just CAS teams in 2006 prior to state cup..
I think more of the top CAS teams will be at Surf than at TOC for this age group (I think Anaheim, Legends, Strikers OC, and Albion are all at Surf and not TOC). TOC might be double the participation as far as overall number of teams playing in all flights, but not the top teams/flight. However, I have heard rumblings about girls moving teams already. Heard Anaheim Surf added one of the better forwards in this age group (rich get richer there), and that some other teams have lost players due to fallout from early tryouts for next year and due to coaches on the move. I will be interested to see who is really still together this weekend and who has to pull in guests due to the moves.

They know how to run big tournaments and generally do it right (hopefully they learned from mistakes of summer with new rules and fields). All clubs with tournaments try to do the exact same thing as surf, but most don't have the prestige to charge the higher price. our hotel block pricing was competitive to the hotel chain's posted prices so we weren't price gouged like other tournaments do.

For the older age groups, the nice thing about the Silverlakes venue is that teams from Orange and Los Angeles counties don't have to worry about hotels and the price gouging that seems to go on. Our players are going to sleep on their own pillows each night, and can continue to visit with family in from out of town. Plus I love saving the hotel $ right before Christmas. Silverlakes College Showcase is in such a central location for most teams that it is making a pretty big dent in the Surf Thanksgiving Challenge.

Relax, Champ. Take a deep breath. You have so many convoluted thoughts in this one post, I don't even know where to start.
I love it when Ulittles act like they know what they are talking about.
First, soccer clubs ARE non-profits. Yes, even Surf. Just because you are a non-profit doesn't mean you are poor. I suggest you look up the definition of a non-profit.
Next, Surf's club fees are not the highest. Considering the club has a one time fee that includes uniforms, field space, coaches fees, etc. Other clubs charge a fee, then you need to pay for uniforms, a monthly coach's fee and you need to help fundraise for field equipment, light rental, field rental, etc. All things considered, Surf is probably right in the upper middle as far as total fees are concerned. And, if your kid doesn't play for Surf, why do you care what their fees are?
As far as the lack of teams in their tournament, you were the one who originally complained about the number of tiers. If they are hurting for teams, how do they have 3 tiers?

Be honest to yourself and be honest to this forum. Ubigots act like you know everything. Soccer clubs are nonprofit but they make so much profit that one wonders where the money goes. They stiff it to you guys and still ask for more and think that club is the greatest club in the world which is not. They are selling you a service and you think is the best but you have never played soccer in your entire lives and don't know what you are buying. Uniforms are cheap in bulk. Maybe $20.00 tops per uniform. San Diego Surf's fees are high. Please be honest.
I don't care if they are high but I'm making a point. There is no reason to charge so much if they are "fundraising" so much. I just wonder where the money is going. On top of that they still make you volunteer.

They don't have three tiers in this age group. They have two and the two tiers combined have only 20 teams. Out of those 20, two are from their own club. They only have 18 teams. They really have one tier. What I previously stated was if they really wanted to make it the best of the best, they should only have one tier of the best 8 teams. Once again, be HONEST. People are not stupid. They have common sense.

Be honest to yourself and be honest to this forum. Ubigots act like you know everything. Soccer clubs are nonprofit but they make so much profit that one wonders where the money goes. They stiff it to you guys and still ask for more and think that club is the greatest club in the world which is not. They are selling you a service and you think is the best but you have never played soccer in your entire lives and don't know what you are buying. Uniforms are cheap in bulk. Maybe $20.00 tops per uniform. San Diego Surf's fees are high. Please be honest.
I don't care if they are high but I'm making a point. There is no reason to charge so much if they are "fundraising" so much. I just wonder where the money is going. On top of that they still make you volunteer.

They don't have three tiers in this age group. They have two and the two tiers combined have only 20 teams. Out of those 20, two are from their own club. They only have 18 teams. They really have one tier. What I previously stated was if they really wanted to make it the best of the best, they should only have one tier of the best 8 teams. Once again, be HONEST. People are not stupid. They have common sense.
wow, you're really riled up about something here. Surf Turkey went off without a hitch with great competition. If you don't like Surf the club, don't have your kid play there and problem solved.

Even with all the rain and mud on Sunday, our Socal academy girls and parents had a blast. Though I kind of wish we were in flight 1, the girls made the most of their trip on and off the field. It helped that we were done by 11:30 on Saturday and our hotel accommodated a 9 hour pizza, pool, lounge cabana party on Saturday for anywhere between 20 and 40 of us at a time...

Considering all the winners got cool hoodies, decent medals and they had to coordinate so much around the different venues (I'm sure a lot were volunteers) including having professional soccer players talk to the final two teams and hand out trophies and medals, I'd say it was worth the high cost and I'm glad we chose this trip over vegas this year.

Even with all the rain and mud on Sunday, our Socal academy girls and parents had a blast. Though I kind of wish we were in flight 1, the girls made the most of their trip on and off the field. It helped that we were done by 11:30 on Saturday and our hotel accommodated a 9 hour pizza, pool, lounge cabana party on Saturday for anywhere between 20 and 40 of us at a time...

Considering all the winners got cool hoodies, decent medals and they had to coordinate so much around the different venues (I'm sure a lot were volunteers) including having professional soccer players talk to the final two teams and hand out trophies and medals, I'd say it was worth the high cost and I'm glad we chose this trip over vegas this year.

The parking lot was pretty special..Didn't get charged the $8 parking but I'm glad I drive a truck . Heard several cars got stuck in the mud .. Semi finals in the pouring rain ( never forget it ) All in all they got the games in .

Back