Thanksgiving College Showcase Silverlakes

Anyone at this age committed to this event yet?

Our coach is thinking about Surf Thanksgiving if we can get the numbers to field a team.

We are applying to Surf Thanksgiving, but I would rather do this event.

As for Blues..........Generik, you need to make sure Tad has enough players. I cannot imagine the players or parents want to go through another high level tourney with one sub (or less).

Does anybody know the format of a showcase? Is it just three games per teams, or is it like a regular tournament with semis and a finals games?

Should be good competition for Surf Thanksgiving.
1st annual is always exciting to play in, great fields, lower cost than Surf, no 50 min games, no stay & play restrictions, and it looks like from their website that they have Slammers, Legends, Beach, Wc, Blues, Real So Cal, Eagles, Mvla, Sereno, PLayers, Cda Slammers, Pats, and Del Sol already committed to bringing them their top teams. Going to be an enjoyable weekend in Norco vs Oceanside.

Does anybody know the format of a showcase? Is it just three games per teams, or is it like a regular tournament with semis and a finals games?
It is a 3 day tournament so my guess is quarter, semi-final, finals format, but probably depends on how many teams per age group?

Still curious if any teams in our age group have applied to this...I see the list of clubs committed...but it doesn't specify the age-groups.

Assuming Surf Thanksgiving will still draw the top teams to be the marquee event this weekend...right?

Yall are killing the vibe. Making the trip to Surf Thxgvng was one of the highlights of our season. Generik, keep this together. Keep the better teams in it.

Love the drama as Silverlakes and Surf duke it out to draw the best of the best to their tournaments! Looks like Silverlakes is winning with the lower cost and no mandated hotel stay.

Showcase format is 4 teams in a bracket. Everybody plays each other once... then go home :)

No elimination games? If that is true, this is a dumb format.

The only thing that could save this tourney is if every player goes home with a tiny trophy that says something like: "Participant", "I am #1", "Mommy and Daddy Love Me", etc.:)

The only thing that could save this tourney is if every player goes home with a tiny trophy that says something like: "Participant", "I am #1", "Mommy and Daddy Love Me", etc.:)
It's a showcase for players...not a tournament for elimination. Winning and losing matters less to club and coach...it will be all about getting the players a great experience for exposure to college coaches.

If you want a trophy, go play in a tournament. If you want to expose your team to college coaches, play in a showcase. You have options.

Back