Team naming / identification

Pre Academy, ECNL II, Academy Select, Pre ECNL, Pre USSDA, Pre Development Academy, Pre Acadmy II...........................
What does it all really mean?
Why can teams seemingly name themselves these misleading names?
Aren’t they all just teams desiring to be better than they are at the time?
At tryout time, I have seen some parents mislead into clubs that promote the clubs ‘potential’ moves into an DA Academy team. Even clubs that don’t have girls DA are using DA as a recruiting tool with little basis for ever getting approved.
Is this just a marketing ploy by the clubs that parents have to navigate or is there a way to cut through the BS?

Pre Academy, ECNL II, Academy Select, Pre ECNL, Pre USSDA, Pre Development Academy, Pre Acadmy II...........................
At tryout time, I have seen some parents mislead into clubs that promote the clubs ‘potential’ moves into an DA Academy team. Even clubs that don’t have girls DA are using DA as a recruiting tool with little basis for ever getting approved.
Is this just a marketing ploy by the clubs that parents have to navigate or is there a way to cut through the BS?
Straight up, BUYER BEWARE!!!

Let's be honest here. It's tough to feel bad for any idiot that chooses a team based on the name or designation that it has been given when there are so many legitimate reasons to pick a team.

Pre-GNT Surf Academy Premier.
Sign me up! How much more is it? $3500 plus 60 volunteer hours and other fees. I got my check book ready!!! As long as my DD is "developing" in the "Pre-GIrls National Team Surf Academy Premier II". I'll pay the dream. They should call it, the "Fantasy Island"Club.

Sign me up! How much more is it? $3500 plus 60 volunteer hours and other fees. I got my check book ready!!! As long as my DD is "developing" in the "Pre-GIrls National Team Surf Academy Premier II". I'll pay the dream. They should call it, the "Fantasy Island"Club.

Does any club charge $3500 nowadays? Or require 60 volunteer hours?

Back