Team Captains

SocalSoccerMom

SILVER ELITE
Since we had a thread for Team mgrs' responsibilies, I want to get your take on what are the responsibilities for Team Captains. I'd like to see this broken out by Ulittles(U14 and under) and olders (U15 and up).

We have two captains unofficially for my daughters 06 team (she is one of them) and one unofficially for my 05 daughters team. The one key trait I see between the two is their natural responsibility to gather the team prior to a game and have the girls warm up. If they know their coach is coming from another game and may be running late or arrive at game time.

My DD is a Co- Team captain:

1. She is a Team Leader
2. She is an Organizer
3. She enforces positive thinking

4. She recognizes her teammates’ skills
5. She utilizes his teammates’ abilities
6. She ensures unselfish with the ball
7. She steps up when the when needed
8. She creates a harmonious working relationship

9. She takes time to know her teammates personally
10. She mentors her teammates

1. Leader on the field (needs to be one of the best players to get respect from team)
  2. Leader off the field (promotes team bonding, inclusive of all team members)
  3. Vocal on the pitch, directing teammates when needed
  4. Provides stability through play and mental fortitude during the game
  5. Motivates the team when needed
  6. High work ethic during game and practices so that others can follow
  7. Always displays sportsmanship

I typically have 3 captains:
team captain = responsible supporting other captains, voice of the team, lead by example= typically center mid control the flow of the game
defensive captain= supports team captain, leads the defensive line key players, is the voice in the rear =typically goalie
offensive captain= supports team captain, leads the offense line key players, is the voice in the front= typically center striker

Back