Surf is #1 DA Club in the Country!!!

I just wanted to give Surf a shout out at being named, #1 DA Club In America. It was their goal in 2013 to be #1 someday and they did it. They worked hard at developing their talent from the grass roots level and they sure are getting the recognition they deserve.

I just wanted to give Surf a shout out at being named, #1 DA Club In America. It was their goal in 2013 to be #1 someday and they did it. They worked hard at developing their talent from the grass roots level and they sure are getting the recognition they deserve.

Amusing that SD Surf is still just "Surf"....the affiliates further north need their initials but the real Surf needs no initials and still rules SD county and beyond....

Before anyone gets mad my DDs were Surf for years under CB and I have a lot of love for them still even though I accept the "Surfmart" criticism that come with such aggressive expansion (and that 11-0-1 record gets diluted down quite a bit!)

Amusing that SD Surf is still just "Surf"....the affiliates further north need their initials but the real Surf needs no initials and still rules SD county and beyond....

Before anyone gets mad my DDs were Surf for years under CB and I have a lot of love for them still even though I accept the "Surfmart" criticism that come with such aggressive expansion (and that 11-0-1 record gets diluted down quite a bit!)
CB is on my list as one SoCal's best coaches, especially at the youngers.

Craig Barclay. He coaches U13, U12, and U11 teams.
Great coach CB is. Danny T is class act too. What about that guy MS as San Diego's own USSF DA Training Center Recruiter/YNT Staff Member/Doc/Coach? Someone who knows software should start a Yelp Coach Reviews and Club Reviews. That would help all the parents out and keep everyone on their toes. @neo Welcome to the socal soccer forum.

Great coach CB is. Danny T is class act too. What about that guy MS as San Diego's own USSF DA Training Center Recruiter/YNT Staff Member/Doc/Coach? Someone who knows software should start a Yelp Coach Reviews and Club Reviews. That would help all the parents out and keep everyone on their toes. @neo Welcome to the socal soccer forum.

Thank you sir. MS? do we have a full name. And A yelp for soccer clubs & coaches sounds like a great idea. In fact I am a programmer, care to talk business?

Thank you sir. MS? do we have a full name. And A yelp for soccer clubs & coaches sounds like a great idea. In fact I am a programmer, care to talk business?
Mark Spooner. Old Doc. Doc stands for "Director of coaching." He was part of the marketing plan to help Surf become #1. Here is article: https://www.soccertoday.com/mark-spooner-joins-surf-sc/.
My dd was the first recruit he stole from Blues with many lies mixed in with a special offer. I fell for it and karma got me. Age change got me too and I wasn't paying attention to what was speaking. I just heard that English accent and thought it to be true. Sham on me. Lot's of folks think I was chasing championships. PM me and I will fill you in and we can talk some biz too. I do send an NDA so please sign that as well. I get a lot of PM harassments and some, "go get them" but I need to protect my self.

Mark Spooner. Old Doc. Doc stands for "Director of coaching." He was part of the marketing plan to help Surf become #1. Here is article: https://www.soccertoday.com/mark-spooner-joins-surf-sc/.
My dd was the first recruit he stole from Blues with many lies mixed in with a special offer. I fell for it and karma got me. Age change got me too and I wasn't paying attention to what was speaking. I just heard that English accent and though it to be true. Sham on me. Lot's of folks think I was chasing championships. PM me and I will fill you in and we can talk some biz too. I do send na NDA so please sign that as well. I get a lot of PM harassments and some, "go get them" but I need to protect my self.

Thank you I sure will. I appreciate your honesty.

They worked hard at developing their talent from the grass roots level and they sure are getting the recognition they deserve.
You've got to be kidding about developing talent at the grassroots level. Just like they did to you, they feed parents with talents kiddos bs to recruit them. If they truly developed talent, after a few years their C teams would be competing at close to the same level as their DA teams, instead of the turnover they surely must have.

well, if we're being honest and fully transparent, this #1 ranking is only after more than half of the best teams across the country no longer play DA and chose ECNL.

The club will always have good teams and depth, but when they used to be the only ECNL club in SD County (and ECNL was the only top league) they had the top player market cornered. Now, SD County players and families have 2 other DA Clubs and 2 ECNL club choices, all of which offer very similarly positive experiences, just as good coaches and development opportunities. As we've had here in OC for some time, SD now has 5!! great pathways for your daughters to go as far as they wish in soccer. Don't fall for the one is best for all trick any more. That's old news and a blatant falsehood now.

Back