Surf Cup Is Happening! Schedule is up!

It's that time again -- time for your Surf Cup 2020 proposition bets!

As always, all bets have action unless one or more events is cancelled, in which case all bets are refunded.

Over/unders:
  1. Number of referees and Surf Cup tournament officials to test positive for Covid before January 14: O/U 1.5
  2. Number of 1-0 forfeits from team no-shows: O/U 2.5
  3. Number of post-tournament headlines in Arizona newspapers before January 14, of a parent of a player testing positive: O/U 1.5
Who will have more?
  1. Total number of clean sheets in the tournament, vs. number of family arguments Dec 27-28 that contain the words "I knew we shouldn't have come!". For action, a 1-0 forfeit does not count as a clean sheet. Clean sheets -150 / Arguments +135
  2. Total score of the 2020 Alamo Bowl, played December 29, vs. total score of all Surf Cup finals December 29. In the event of the Alamo Bowl being cancelled due to Covid, all bets will be refunded. All finals -10.5 -110 / Alamo Bowl +9.5 -110
  3. Total goals plus yellow cards in the Chelsea-Aston Villa match December 28, vs. number of Hawaiian teams who show up to Surf Cup. Goals + cards -1.5 -110 / Hawaiians +1.5 -120
  4. Total goals scored in all Surf Cup games December 29, vs. total number of "kids don't spread covid" posts on the forum December 29. Posts even -110 / Goals scored even -110
And a special multi-team parlay:
  • Choose as many states from this list as you want: Texas, Washington, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Georgia, Colorado, Oklahoma, Illinois
  • The total number of goals by teams from the states that you choose must exceed the total number of Orange County covid deaths-per-100k-residents as documented by the LA Times.
  • All 9 states goals exceed the deaths-per-100k: -450 / 8 states goals: -300 / 7 states goals: -250 / 6 states goals: -180 / 5 states goals: -120 / 4 states goals: +110 / 3 states goals: +150 / 2 states goals: +200 / 1 states goals: +700
Enjoy and good luck to all!

As always, all bets have action unless one or more events is cancelled, in which case all bets are refunded.

Over/unders:
  1. Number of referees and Surf Cup tournament officials to test positive for Covid before January 14: O/U 1.5
  3. Number of post-tournament headlines in Arizona newspapers before January 14, of a parent of a player testing positive: O/U 1.5
Who will have more?
  1. Total number of clean sheets in the tournament, vs. number of family arguments Dec 27-28 that contain the words "I knew we shouldn't have come!". For action, a 1-0 forfeit does not count as a clean sheet. Clean sheets -150 / Arguments +135
  2. Total score of the 2020 Alamo Bowl, played December 29, vs. total score of all Surf Cup finals December 29. In the event of the Alamo Bowl being cancelled due to Covid, all bets will be refunded. All finals -10.5 -110 / Alamo Bowl +9.5 -110
  3. Total goals plus yellow cards in the Chelsea-Aston Villa match December 28, vs. number of Hawaiian teams who show up to Surf Cup. Goals + cards -1.5 -110 / Hawaiians +1.5 -120
  4. Total goals scored in all Surf Cup games December 29, vs. total number of "kids don't spread covid" posts on the forum December 29. Posts even -110 / Goals scored even -110
  • Choose as many states from this list as you want: Texas, Washington, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Georgia, Colorado, Oklahoma, Illinois
  • The total number of goals by teams from the states that you choose must exceed the total number of Orange County covid deaths-per-100k-residents as documented by the LA Times.
  • All 9 states goals exceed the deaths-per-100k: -450 / 8 states goals: -300 / 7 states goals: -250 / 6 states goals: -180 / 5 states goals: -120 / 4 states goals: +110 / 3 states goals: +150 / 2 states goals: +200 / 1 states goals: +700
Any bets that notintheface complains about the very next tournament after surf cup?

Accusing people of killing grandpa/grandma?

Accusing people of being racist?

Will bring up death toll and cases but if surf cup ends up with 0 reported cases will conveniently omit that info?

These are sure bets. I probably won't get any takers lol

Over/unders:
Who will have more?
Your petty jealously is showing. Why are you on this thread even?

Any bets that notintheface complains about the very next tournament after surf cup?

Accusing people of killing grandpa/grandma?

Accusing people of being racist?

Will bring up death toll and cases but if surf cup ends up with 0 reported cases will conveniently omit that info?

These are sure bets. I probably won't get any takers lol
The only bet I care about is what teams will win it all

No bro. It was four, not 5. Two with Blues and two with Surf. The last one was showcase. No medals sucked.
Definitely not trying to do a one up on you but it is interesting Surf Cup History. My daughter won 8 straight SurfCup tournaments and lost in the finals the last year. She happened to be on the team that started the National Championships for Surf and gave a pretty good boost to the surf name. Funny anomaly was that one year she won it twice, once in the younger‘s and once in the olders. I agree with you that the tournament is awesome win or lose. Also, since you are both a Surf Dad and a Blues dad, we had a great great rivalry with the Blues. Alas, they never beat us. Ever :cool: Go ‘82 Surf

156 teams. Estimate 15 kids per team plus 1.5 parents so 37 per team gives us 5772 people over 3 days. California is averaging 1/10 of 1 percent of the population getting the virus every day so that would be 5.77 cases per day or 17 cases total for that soccer population. So anything under 17 means it was safer at soccer. Anything higher then soccer was an issue (or crazy parents drinking in bars when they shouldn't).

Competing against this:

Definitely not trying to do a one up on you but it is interesting Surf Cup History. My daughter won 8 straight SurfCup tournaments and lost in the finals the last year. She happened to be on the team that started the National Championships for Surf and gave a pretty good boost to the surf name. Funny anomaly was that one year she won it twice, once in the younger‘s and once in the olders. I agree with you that the tournament is awesome win or lose. Also, since you are both a Surf Dad and a Blues dad, we had a great great rivalry with the Blues. Alas, they never beat us. Ever :cool: Go ‘82 Surf
Wow, it's an honor to meet you. I got their with the big growth of the Surf brand across the country. I was hoping for more of a local feel. My dd lived in Temecula so not too far. We were looking to move to Oceanside but decided for South OC. 8 straight is amazing. We did 5 in a row I believe. Surf vs Blues was what got me hooked. My first big SD Surf vs Socal Blues was at Birdsall Park. Old age of 02/03 and big time future GNT players. Pure Ganas I tell you and you know exactly what I mean. BTW, my dd got #10 so that is amazing. I am 100% grateful and my dd still holds that trophy as #1. I will say when my dd played for Blues we beat Surf in Semi's of State Cup ((my dd scored first two goals)) and then we won two Surf Cups against Surf. Lost to MLVA with Surf and then that super top team Quakes after we won #10 Natty. My dd was way too tired and stayed home to rest her knees so she wouldnt tear her ACL later because of over use.

Wow, it's an honor to meet you. I got their with the big growth of the Surf brand across the country. I was hoping for more of a local feel. My dd lived in Temecula so not too far. We were looking to move to Oceanside but decided for South OC. 8 straight is amazing. We did 5 in a row I believe. Surf vs Blues was what got me hooked. My first big SD Surf vs Socal Blues was at Birdsall Park. Old age of 02/03 and big time future GNT players. Pure Ganas I tell you and you know exactly what I mean. BTW, my dd got #10 so that is amazing. I am 100% grateful and my dd still holds that trophy as #1. I will say when my dd played for Blues we beat Surf in Semi's of State Cup ((my dd scored first two goals)) and then we won two Surf Cups against Surf. Lost to MLVA with Surf and then that super top team Quakes after we won #10 Natty. My dd was way too tired and stayed home to rest her knees so she wouldnt tear her ACL later because of over use.
We got to Surf at the perfect alignment of numerous factors. 70 girls for tryouts, A new coach that is now a bit of a legend (Colin Chesters) picking the perfect team and a group of parents that ended up with 4-5 on the board of directors. And, about 7 of the original players played on the team U11 thru U19. Back then, u11 was the youngest girl team. Pretty amazing group. Two of the girls played against each other in the D1 Finals later on. Alas, when my daughter retired from College soccer, I had to go through withdrawal therapy. However, I learned there IS life after soccer. It’s called soccer. Surf needs the Blues. The Blues need Surf. Life is great! Shame that the Blues ‘10 aren’t in the Cup this year. Don’t know why.

We got to Surf at the perfect alignment of numerous factors. 70 girls for tryouts, A new coach that is now a bit of a legend (Colin Chesters) picking the perfect team and a group of parents that ended up with 4-5 on the board of directors. And, about 7 of the original players played on the team U11 thru U19. Back then, u11 was the youngest girl team. Pretty amazing group. Two of the girls played against each other in the D1 Finals later on. Alas, when my daughter retired from College soccer, I had to go through withdrawal therapy. However, I learned there IS life after soccer. It’s called soccer. Surf needs the Blues. The Blues need Surf. Life is great! Shame that the Blues ‘10 aren’t in the Cup this year. Don’t know why.
Wow. A legend indeed. My dd was recruited by the great Tad Bobak. I've shared the story so many times it pisses people off. The plan was to beat Surf 7 years straight. We had the best team in the country. One day US Soccer decided to change to birth year and Tad took the olders. Surf saw a chance and got 5 Blues players to join their already great team. The first I met when my dd was invited to guest was CC. He was the nicest man. We joined and then he retired the next month. Truly nice to meet you and what a run. That is big time. Tad and Colin and Abner were the originals.

Great stuff! We are on your heels. 5 for 5. Plan to make it 6 this year!

who did they lose to?

Outstanding article stating 9/10 people could have been saved if they had enough vitamin D to fight COVID......go to AZ get your fresh air and vitamin D
All we needed was the sun and be outside getting the D vitamin. Plus, eat healthy like I have been doing the last 10 months. I lost about 3 LBs a month. One day, one week and one month at a time brings health to the soul. I'm living proof bro. My wife helped me with her kindness and patients with me.

Back